Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a mini me swap? Im looking for a D16y8 head to start off. And im trying to build a powerful motor without going to turbo so do you think that this swap is a good idea to go for? Im open for suggestions.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well the mini me is the best power to money upgrade you can do for your car.

So you chose the right mod. Because you're using a cylinder head from a newer car or you're going to need to upgrade your computer and wiring to support the new technology.

There's a lot of documentation already written on the subject so I don't think you will have a problem. I just did mine a few weeks ago and it was pretty easy. However I did use a conversion harness instead of wiring my own. Now that I've actually done it, however I think I could've done it without the conversion harness.

Besides the cylinder head upgrade, I recommend all the normal bolt on upgrades. Cold air intake, exhaust(a header is very important), a ported or larger OEM throttle body, and a camshaft with an adjustable cam gear. Now once you have this all in your car you're going to need to get it tuned to make the most out of it. So take it to a reputable shop and spend the money on getting it tuned. With a good tune you can expect between 160 and 180 or horsepower pretty easily.

We're all here for you so feel free to post on the board if you have any troubles. But make sure to have the helm's manual around because we will answer your questions but not stupid ones. Oh, and make sure to post pictures other anything you need help with because seeing the problem really helps.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Well the mini me is the best power to money upgrade you can do for your car.
If you want to stay naturally aspirated, I think a cam and tune would be a better use of your money. VTEC is overrated. Nitrous is also a much better power/money option. I know you said you don't want to go turbo, but that's more or less the only way you're going to get a "powerful" engine without too much work.
With a good tune you can expect between 160 and 180 or horsepower pretty easily.
oh yeah?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts