Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that dont know i live in a town with one shop that does crappy tuning jobs, no other way to put it. the guy who was gonna help me tune my ride seems to have vanished so it looks like im stuck to do it myself. Now before the shit storm hits i have never tuned a car befor and yes i know hands on is the best way to learn but the only hands on ima have is my del sol. i know thier are thousands of write ups on tuning but none really give you a step by step process. i know no two cars are the same and that thiers alot more to it then just adjusting numbers. now my question is whehn your car is on the dyno and ready for the tuner to do his thing what is the STEP BY STEP process that he takes. and yes i know no two people tune the same also. im just trying to learn so when i have my shit built it wont be a 7 thousand dollar pile of slow.please no haters and remember im not stupid or a noob i just know dick about tuning and need to learn how.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
First, establish what you will do with the car mainly. Will it be a dedicated track car, if so onle tune the WOT(wide open throttle) side of the map. Is it gonna be a DD with a nice powerband, if so tune the middle of the map more than WOT or idle.

Second, what are your power goals? Are you going for the very max out of your motor to the extreme edge or wanting a safe hp level for DD?

Third, what motor do you have? LOL I can tune a B7/A6 like its nobodys business. hahahaha

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dude there is a couple guys in town to tune. When your ready to tune give me a ring I will hook you up with the dude who is tuning my ride

·
Registered
97 ek
158 Posts
if your going to tune your car yourself read every thing you can ... hell read untell your head hurts and then keep reading on top of that .. and be be scard to ask

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
go to Redirection
they have exactly what you're looking for. look in the noob section and there's a thread, something bout the learning curve of a noob. it's REALLY detailed. he put a lot of time into explaining the process he went through to tune his civic. that is of course, only if you're serious about learning the black magic of... TUNING!!! :)
otherwise, for a general read on engine management, chaeck out the haynes manual on engine management. got all the basics, concise, to the point.
good luck with it.

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first thank you guys for being helpfull ima repping all of you. second i have a 94 del sol si with the ever so lovely d16z6. im going for 300 to 350 whp. i live in anchorage alaska so i only ge to drive it like 4 months out of the year 5 if we are lucky. so yeah my goal is a k killer.ima dirve the fuck out of it but mostly ima cruise.thanks for all the links but keep the info coming. see how do you know what to change and in what order. like waht is too much and what is too little. and yeah im very much ready ot learn the black art of tuning.lol

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts

·
Registered
94 del sol
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to Redirection
they have exactly what you're looking for. look in the noob section and there's a thread, something bout the learning curve of a noob. it's REALLY detailed. he put a lot of time into explaining the process he went through to tune his civic. that is of course, only if you're serious about learning the black magic of... TUNING!!! :)
otherwise, for a general read on engine management, chaeck out the haynes manual on engine management. got all the basics, concise, to the point.
good luck with it.
man i looked and i cant find that guys thread please help me out with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts