Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed there's a like link at the end of every post, its completely stupid and unnecessary. We already have a rep link for posts we like and find useful. We don't need an additional line of text showing who liked what post. This isn't facebook and we don't need any of the childish crap that goes with it.

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
533 Posts
There is a like system so members can 'like' others posts. This allows them another option from the rep system, and have their name shown in the likes bar of the particular post.

I see you found how to disable the notifications already.

Any other technical issues with the site?

- JB

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
Quit whining dude. This forum has slowed down significantly and between OG members responding with the typical "let me google that for you" response and neg repping, I seriously wonder how the site will attract new members. This is d-series.org, the appeal is that you can build a fun little car for very little cash. Of course that's going to attract younger members who may be in high school or college; the kind of people that "like" buttons and whatnot may mean something to.

Also...this is a free forum! If the higher-ups want to put a like button in, so be it. Be thankful for the community and the OGs that are still here and maybe try being a little friendlier to the small fries. We all asked stupid questions at one point, even bone didn't know everything when he first joined the forum.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
(Points to user title)

:boink:
Fuck you, I've been here longer and still can't get a custom title.

As for it appealing to the younger crowd who want a cheap fun car, don't they just want to throw a K in it cause that's the hot shit. The days of us getting excited when a D hits 600HP are gone cause been there, done that.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Yea, but, I'm like..... WAY cooler BRO. :lol: :banana sex:

Edit: I had to virtually blow Levi everyday for like 2 years before I was able to get a custom user title. You don't even want to ask how I got in the VIP room. :crying:

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can get the Likes system disabled if that's what the people want

Kevin
Its really pointless considering the amount of traffic here. It's extra clutter and serves no purpose. If people were so desperate for attention they could post their rep table.
Yea, but, I'm like..... WAY cooler BRO. :lol: :banana sex:

Edit: I had to virtually blow Levi everyday for like 2 years before I was able to get a custom user title. You don't even want to ask how I got in the VIP room. :crying:
Funny, all I did was ask Modshxcivi 7 years ago and it was done :)

Reactions: Staypuff578

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts
Oh for fucks sake, now we get notifications if someone likes a post. Here I thought I had two PM's from members, nope just phucking "likes"....

Bye Felica!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts

As for it appealing to the younger crowd who want a cheap fun car, don't they just want to throw a K in it cause that's the hot shit. The days of us getting excited when a D hits 600HP are gone cause been there, done that.
It was easy to get to option to change your own user title and expand the amount of PM's one can store....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts
Figured out how to stop the bullshit senseless notifications in the settings, under messaging area.

Go try that bullshit on YB.com - Where the weak are killed and eaten and see what kind of shit show mutiny happens.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts