Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I just finish drilling and taping my turbo so that I can get a good source for my wastegate, now I need another source like this (before throttle body) for my boost gauge.
Can I install a T fitting from the turbo or must I drilled and tap another plug for my boost gauge?

·
Registered
818 Posts
why before your throttle body...that would give you a false reading wouldnt it???? it wouldnt read vacum as soon as you close the throttel...

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
dont you want to read vac?

my boost guage is in place of the useless little black thing on the back of the intake mani, right above the iat sensor... (the source is right next to the iat sensor, its the nipple coming off the back of the mani.)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a boost guage only, I don't have the boost/vacumm guage.
It says in the installation instruction that I has to be before throttle body so either I tap the turbo again or tap somewhere in the cold side intercooler pipe (before the throttle body)

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
dont you want to read vac?

my boost guage is in place of the useless little black thing on the back of the intake mani, right above the iat sensor... (the source is right next to the iat sensor, its the nipple coming off the back of the mani.)

^x2

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
i used one of the ports right off the intake manifold.
running one right off the turbo will have an inaccurate reading.
you will loose some boost between the turbo and intake manifold.
id personally want to see how much boost my motor is consuming, not how much my turbo is putting out.
nothing wrong with seeing vacuum. if your in vacuum, your out of boost.
vacuum = better gas mileage.

·
Registered
818 Posts
welll if its boost only...i think you might still want to put it in the mani...because the turbo will always be spining...and it will give you a false reading...

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
sweet. straight up boost gauge.

u can still put it after the TB. it doesnt matter. splice into your stock FPR line with a T. done.

or T into your wastegate line. done.

there is nothing "false" about reading the pressure from the compressor.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i used a t off the fpr as well but that b/c i had the extra vacuum nipple thing(HEHE) on the bck of the intake mani used b/c i had to relocated my map sensor b/c of the jrsc

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an Edelbrock manifold, Im running a vucum hose from the manifold into a fastturbo vacuum block, should I run the boost gauge from there? that was my original plan.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So just to make sure of what im doing, for my autometer boost only gauge, I will connect it to the from a source AFTER the throttle body, in my case it will be connected to my vacuum block which is connected to my Edelbrock manifold. Right??? Also can I use a silicone hose insted of that plastic hose that came with the kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts