Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, Im looking for a good machine shop in Fla, perferbly central florida. If they are good and have decent prices ill make the trip. My roommate has delt with the guys over at Dover Cylinder Head and I wasnt happy with the outcome and I didnt even pay for it.
So please help my out, I have engines to build.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
do like i did befriend a honda tech and find out where they outsource their machine work. simple. then call them and ask questions. but remember they will be a bit expensive just play the game.... start off like.... hey, so and so referred me from such and such dealer. he said tha you do good work.... there, that should start you on your way.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do like i did befriend a honda tech and find out where they outsource their machine work. simple. then call them and ask questions. but remember they will be a bit expensive just play the game.... start off like.... hey, so and so referred me from such and such dealer. he said tha you do good work.... there, that should start you on your way.
i dont any honda techs though. :sadface:

SupaStyl said:
Theres a few good ones up here near Jax, sry i dont really know of any outside this area.
what are they? i have a couple of engines that need cleanin and building.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary John's machining i think is one of em. Lemme talk to my dad and get you some names and ill get back to ya.
10-4. it would be much appricated(?). if you can get some prices on some stuff to that would awsome, if you can.;)

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what exactly are you looking to get done???
i am looking to get the block cleaned, port and polish head, and maybe some rods and pistons put in.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I had my work done down at Merritt Island Fla. . That is central Fla for ya! The shop that built my motor outsourced the p&p job, but lemme see if i can see who they used. . they did great work and i have absolutely no complaints. .
They are doing it for my new set-up right now. . I'll get back with you. .

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had my work done down at Merritt Island Fla. . That is central Fla for ya! The shop that built my motor outsourced the p&p job, but lemme see if i can see who they used. . they did great work and i have absolutely no complaints. .
They are doing it for my new set-up right now. . I'll get back with you. .
10-4. lmk.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if you find one that does a good job at a good price let me know, i did some searching and found a few in downtown orlando off of westmoreland st

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you find one that does a good job at a good price let me know, i did some searching and found a few in downtown orlando off of westmoreland st
just dont go to Clint over at Dover. my roommate had work done by him. he rebuilt his GSR and when he got it back it smoked under hard acceleration. Clint took it back to fix it. He bored out the block to 85.5mm and put type-r pistons in. we got it back put it in the car drove a 1000 miles to break it in. after the first hard acceleration it started to smoke again. never again will i go there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts