Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed ARP head studs today and replaced the HG because I blew it. it runs way smoother now, but I drove it really hard for the last 20 minutes and the temp stayed constant up until 5 min ago it got hot(bottom of needle touching top of the water pictures on the dash gauge) still not quite as hot as it used to get with the blown HG. Also I hit almost 9000 RPM for like half a sec once. I was going and it was pulling good then I think the clutch slipped because it was at 6000 then all of a sudden it jumps really fast to almost 9000, the turbo sounded like it was about to explode( really really high pitched). am I just worrying to much. any insight?

I also have a 1.75 inch core alluminum rad coming with a 10 inch slim fan rated at 1200cfm.also thinking about getting a push fan.

setup:
stock d16z6
ARP headstuds just installed today
volve .42/.48 turbo
450cc injectors
etc.etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok did you go back and retighten the headstuds after you warmed it up. cause if you didnt you may have blown the head gasket again just not as bad. it could just be seeping compression into the water jackets rather than just blow into them

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
ok did you go back and retighten the headstuds after you warmed it up. cause if you didnt you may have blown the head gasket again just not as bad. it could just be seeping compression into the water jackets rather than just blow into them
pfft, i never retorqued my headstuds, and didnt have any HG issues...

did you check the head for straightness? make sure all the air bubbles are out of the cooling system?

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
im voting that he didnt bleed the coolant system

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did bleep the coolant and it is circulating, the rev limiter is set at 7000 I don't know why it passed it. also could my rad be plugged up in some spots because it was replaced with a junkyard rad before I owned it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts