Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my kit today and I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with. I searched and didn't find anything which is odd because I think I have read somewhere the answer to my tps question but I can't find the thread. I have a 97 EX

First, with the vacuum lines, does the one that goes to the regulator go on the top of it replacing the line from the regulator to the manifold then the one to the intake from the management unit go to where the stock regulator vac hose went? Basically, does the zex get installed between the top of the regulator and the intake by replacing the stock vac hose?

Second, ZEX's instuctions say "If your engine uses a mass air flow
sensor, mount the nozzle after the sensor, but before the throttle
body." Is that the sensor that I have in my intake? If I install the nozzle after it then it will be closer than 6" to the throttle body, I have an AEM V2.

Last question, the TPS wire. There are 3 wires on the TPS sensor. I have heard that I tap the red one but I am not sure. I tried using a multimeter but I didn't get a reading on any of the wires and I tried moving the throttle plate but I guess I didn't probe the wires well enough... Anyone know what wire I need to tap into?

·
Registered
316 Posts
vacuum from the intake TO the Zex brain then out TO the FPR

Your car does not have a mass air meter. I think you talking about the air temp sensor. So put it whrer you want, but a little farther away will help with the mixture.

With the key in the ON position, using a volt meter put one leed on greound and probe the wires untill you find a 0-5v sweep when you have someone hit the gas

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK that answered all of my questions and I know why the multimeter wasn't working right for me... I forgot to ground the black probe, I guess I shouldn't work on my car when I am so tired at 11:30 at night. lol I really appreciate the help... rep for you even though it doesn't help coming from a n00b lol.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably first gen because I bought it used and the bottle sticker and brackets look different than the pictures on ZEX.com but I don't know any other way to tell. why?

·
Registered
544 Posts
yea it is the red wire and yep the nmu goes inbetween the fpr and the in take mani,and as for the nozzle i mounted mine where the vacuum hose used to b that went from the valve cover to the intake!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts