Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so this is the deal. woke up today warmed up the car cuz it was like -2 degrees here this morning. i waited it heat came out the vents and i drove off . i only work 3 blocks from my house and i didnt pass 2000rpm while driving there. parked the car got out of work at 6 had the car warming up since 545. warmed up fine. when i get home i notice at idle the car is at 10.0 a/f so im like wtf. i give it some gas to see if maybe it wasnt warmed up all the way. for some reason i checked the coolant it was good both top and bottom rad houses where hot so the car war at operating temperature.

i deside to take it for a ride to realize its falling on its face! i never went wot cuz i was scared to fuck something up. but at part throttle when im moving it goes ridiculously lean. i mean so lean i cant see it on the gauge. what could be the problem? i had it tuned about 4 months ago and its never giving me a problem. its ran great and pulled hard. now idk wtf the deal is.

someone please help me out. i dont feel like taking it back to the tuner. and id atleast like to try and figure it out on my own before i take it to him if thats gonna be necesary.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you running closed loop, or closed loop disabled?

tomorrow see how AFR is at idle after running for about 5 minutes.
yeah im hoping it was just the cold temperatures doing it. and im assuming its in closed loop because my tuner disabled the o2 sensors... i mean closed loop disable... idk im confused now. tired as hell... but yeah he disabled the o2 sensors.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
vac leak could be your prob.
i had a busted vac line and it would make mine idle at 10.0 a/f
check that. could be your prob. whats your boost gauge sitting at in vac?

also it seemed to be working fine just driving just at idle it owuld go to 10.0

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
not sure why a vacuum leak would cause rich AFR in a speed density tune?

J-tech you are running open loop (closed loop disabled). that rules out my original theory of a bad narrowband o2.

i am curious now if the IAT corrections are coming into play.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

J-tech you are running open loop (closed loop disabled). that rules out my original theory of a bad narrowband o2.

if its a big enough leak it will cause a idle issue.
just a thought
that was a issue i had. fixed the leak and everything went back to normal

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I just dont get why you guys disable the O2 sensor.
Good way to get your customers coming back to you every time the weather changes and you get to play hero to the rescue.
We had one joker here who did the same with the Baro correction.
Every time the weather changed his customers would be frantically looking for him.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
^^ i dont have no o2 sensors hooked up and they are disabled and the car runs fine in all climates

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
i dont have a o2 and my car runs just fine in all weather. sure it runs a little richer in cold weather. but hell my fast car starts better then my DD in the cold ass weather. and it gets better MPG somehow

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

Jackpot. At those temps, the IAT correction is going to play a huge a role as the best tuner will not be able to tune for those conditions without being in them to trim the % of correction to the motor. Your best bet is trying to run a warm air setup to raise IAT during cold air conditions like now.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I just dont get why you guys disable the O2 sensor.
Good way to get your customers coming back to you every time the weather changes and you get to play hero to the rescue.
We had one joker here who did the same with the Baro correction.
Every time the weather changed his customers would be frantically looking for him.
because we'd rather tune ourselves then rely on a unreliable narrowband o2 sensor to make fuel changes.

also, the o2 being disabled has nothing to do with the climate and AFR changing per climate. its pretty common to have to retune for weather conditions with anything other than a stock setup (especially true for large injectors). once the IAT corrections are setup correctly you'll never have to do it again, but to do it correctly you HAVE to be able to reproduce the conditions (cold climate).

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
honestly, the OP seems to have a TON of "help me" threads about how his car is broken or something.... user error anyone?
theres always a dickhead that knows it all. why instead of talking shyt dont you lend a hand?

i dont get it... if you know everything and ddont wanna help, keep your mouth shut. i neevr said i new everything. thats why i am on the forum to learn. and help others with what i know.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was cold as hell outside, It was probably just running rich. How has it run since??
its still cold outside. so its still doing the same shyt. i agree with you. i think that thats what it is. when that car was tuned it was like 55 degrees outside.

did you guys see the audi that froze in manhatan? just to give you an idea of how cold it was. ill post a link to that car. its freaking crazy.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i had the same problem before.

check your power connections especially battery / ground / alternator.
a loose battery cable caused this problem for me.

if nothing helps get a datalog of it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts