Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am very new here, my name is Cory. So here goes. My first vehicle was a 1986 HF Honda CRX. I loved it to death until I let my friend get in the driver seat. He blew the engine to pieces doing a burnout I told him not to do. What a great friend. The car however is still great for parts.

Anyways, I purchased a 1987 Honda CRX SI D15A1 (I believe?) with a fart can and I hate it. Recently, without thinking I put too much oil in the engine. It started making weird noises and now it drives fine, except it overheats very quickly and it bounces around the Rpms when idling. I'm thinking even if I drain the oil to the appropriate level and add coolant, it's still going to be fucked even if there is compression.
In the end I want to rebuild it to be a fast sleeper car that still retains it's daily drivability have it tastefully lowered and have it look just ultimately clean.

I have a completely cleaned D16A6 engine in parts available for purchase. It's ready to be rebuilt. For 200$.

Now I know what to do on the exterior and interior. My father went to school for auto body paint and the interior is trashed but my other CRX has replacement things.

My question to you guys is what should I do for an engine in the CRX (buy an already built one, rebuild the D16, keep my engine and rebuild it), what am i looking at for costs? I'm thinking around $1,000 is my cap.

I'm willing to do all of the mechanics work I can to save money but some things I can't do because I don't have the tools.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
welcome to dso.

i say rebuild the d16. ;)

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
I'm thinking so too.
well then, get to it! lol.

plenty of info here on every question you might have on rebuilding a d-series.

search and read and read, and read. then if you still have any question, only then post it.

good luck, take plenty of pics and post them here.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts