Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after lots of digging through stickies and old threads and going through every option on the ZealAutowerks compression calculator, I'm still not totally sure what I want to run for pistons/rods. It seems like Vitaras with custom-length rods, but I'm not really sure where to find the rods, every link to them I've seen is broken. I've also seen that p08 pistons make almost exactly the right compression but will they hold as much power as I want to put down? And how hard are they to find?

My power goal is 200-250whp, A6 built block w/ Y8 head, looking to go approximately 8.5:1 static compression and 12-16lbs of boost, Crome tuned on a chipped p28 if that makes a difference.

Any advice is much appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like an option, I suppose. For my own sanity though, does anybody know where one might find the custom length rods for the vitaras nowadays? Or the p08 pistons?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just search "vitara pistons and rods" on ebay, here's an example.
Ninja edit: nvm, those are for a d15, crank end bore too small for a d16. IIRC maxpeedingrods have custom length rods on their site.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Skunk2 makes long rods. And I’m pretty sure Speedfactory does also.
Worst case, just go with forged pistons and standard length rods. It’ll cost more but it’ll be future proof

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was mainly looking to go lower compression(mainly because it's a hell of a lot easier to tune and I'm still fairly new to tuning and especially with Crome, and this is mainly a learning project for me). But I'm not against just going stock compression, the cost of forged internals is probably offset by knowing I don't have to notch my block or have things machined beyond basic cleanup.

Also @mkj. , do you have any experience with maxpeedingrods? I've always seen them as cheap ebay parts, especially since the $300 coilover set I bought from them rode exactly like a $300 coilover set(like garbage), but I've never bought anything else from them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts