Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I swapped a D15B into my car back in march when my A6 decided to crap out on me. Now, I would like to adjust the timing with a timing light, but I don't know what motor specs to go by?
Also, I was doing a little search and reading a bit on this motor and I came across that caught my attention. Is it true that Suzuki Vitara pistons fit in this motor? And if so, is there any modifiying necessary? Or are they a str8 bolt in? And I was reading that they are really strong pistons for boost. Is this true?
Thanks alot guys!

P.S.
I'm enjoying the hell out of this little motor. This little thing has some balls!

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Line it up with the marks on the timing belt cover or use the Z6 spec (~16° BTDC).

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
Suziki Grand Vitara is the vehicle the pistons are coming from.......

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
well damn i stand corrected and learned something from that i just seen them on ebay so the pistons are actully suzuki pistons , makes since why they would be stronger

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
well damn i stand corrected and learned something from that i just seen them on ebay so the pistons are actully suzuki pistons , makes since why they would be stronger
different proces used to make them. makes them stronger then the stockers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts