Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 eh and i need a new compressor, the thing is that the engine is a d16y8, which compressor should i use? I tried looking on the search but didn't find what i was looking for and i need some a/c fast because it is HOT over here and i'm tired of going somewhere and having my shirt drenched when i get there. Thanks

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
my guess would be to use a compressor from the year car you have. that way all the a/c lines will line up with the holes in the compressor correctly

·
Registered
Honda Civic
693 Posts
ryan89crx said:
my guess would be to use a compressor from the year car you have. that way all the a/c lines will line up with the holes in the compressor correctly
exactly. that way you wont run into any problems. the only thing that may differ is the belt? not sure tho...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, i have a new belt off of an ek civic, i took it to have the a/c system charged and a new belt =230 bucks just to find the a/c didn't work :(

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they said the compressor is bad and like the little jet things that spray the a/c freon is bad so i need a new compressor in short.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
At least yours didn't sieze up on the highway :lol: That belt started smoking like all hell :lol: scared the shit out of me. Hopefully I'll have mine fixed in time for the meet as well. :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts