Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had all my a/c components uininstalled for a while because the piece of s*** has never worked as long as I've had the car. I've recently bought a new compressor, drier, o rings, and expansion valve and was going to try one last time to finally have a/c in my car after 8 hot summers.

So I'm just wondering, what steps should I take to get this system working correctly? I know I need to have the system flushed and clean, especially the condenser. I would like to do as much of this myself as possible without buying expensive equipment.

Some of the lines have been open and exposed to dust and dirt, will a professional flush clean all that out?

The car is a 95 Civic.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Well i re did my ac system but it was due to a compressor fail.

I undid the lines and the expansion valve. then i pour a lil oil in there (ac oil) and hook my air compressor to it and blow out the lines and condenser.

Then i started with the expansion valve. installed that
Hook up the ac compressor with oil in it.
Then the dryer.
Ran a vacuum on it for about 40mins(harbor fright ac vac)
Check for leaks then refill it.

All has been working good and it gets cold.

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Just change ALL of the o-rings, make sure you buy a NEW drier ANYTIME you open the lines, and bolt everything up.

Forget doing all of the labor yourself. It's not even worth it.

(Renting a vac, buying oil, buying coolant, vaccuming etc) & then the $*It still doesn't blow cold-_-

Take it to a shop, let them run dye through the lines to see if you have any leaks, and let them vacuum(this gets all the dirt & air out of the lines) and let them put in coolant.

Done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I planned on doing the installation component-wise and then driving it to a shop to do the flush, vacuum, and charge. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts