Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so for this turbo setup im thinking of running i was wondering if the A/C has to go forsure of weather i can keep it or not.. My summers here get to +38 celcius some days and i really need that! but is there any turbo mani's that will encorperate the A/C into the turbo setup so i can keep it? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Hey guys, so for this turbo setup im thinking of running i was wondering if the A/C has to go forsure of weather i can keep it or not.. My summers here get to +38 celcius some days and i really need that! but is there any turbo mani's that will encorperate the A/C into the turbo setup so i can keep it? thanks for the help!
you will need to get a log manifold. You can get them on ebay, which i wouldnt reccomend because they have terrible wastegate placement. Check out ccfabonline.com

i got my manifold there (not a log though, its a miniram) and i am very pleased with the product. i know lovefabe also makes then but they will be a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There are some cast iron manifolds and like he said above, log manifolds for around 100 bucks or so, peice together, and there is a guy on ebay selling cast manifolds that are a/c compatible, ill get the name for you later, i beleive he is in Oregon. Heard about the cast manifold from someone in town with a turbo 94 hatch and it clears just barelly, but doable.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Log, Cast... either of them mani's will work for an AC compatible turbo setup... and either one of them will work for 400+ whp, but a tubular design will net 20 or more hp extra. If you can find a tubular, AC compatible turbo manifold... you'll be set! Then you'd only have to find some sort of heat shield for your AC lines so the radiant heat doesn't reach them...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
You can keep the a/c if you get the right mani, but I took mine out cause I kinda had to plus im a clean engine bay whore LOL!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
This is the one i'll be using....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts