Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys here's the deal, I have a 1995 civic EX with the original D16z6 in it. My A/C blows cold as it will get when it wants to. At random the A/C compressor will shut off to the point where it starts to blow in the warm air from outside. There have been times when I drive for over an hour without a problem, then there are times when it would shut down 5 minutes after running. Sometimes I would press the A/C button on my dash on and off a few times and it might kick back on for an undetermined amount of time. The refrigerant in the car is good, was recently recharged and the lines were vacuumed nor do I have any leaks at least I don't think I do seeing that when the compressor runs the A/C is cool. I haven't found anyone online with the issue that I have, most are about compressor not running at all, leaks....etc. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,531 Posts
check the relays. could be bad wiring. compressor clutch could be going. compressor could be going

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the relays. could be bad wiring. compressor clutch could be going. compressor could be going
Thanks, is there a way to check the relay(s) without replacing them, I just got off the phone with my dad and he told me on his volvo the pressure switch caused a similar issue with his car some years ago. Do you think the pressure switch would cause this issue?

·
Registered
ej8
6,366 Posts
push some gauges on the car and see what the ac readings are.
It could be a few different things.

I seen the condenser overheat and cuts off the compressor.
The pressure switch being faulty turning off the compressor.
A clog in the system causing the cold side to ice up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
push some gauges on the car and see what the ac readings are.
It could be a few different things.

I seen the condenser overheat and cuts off the compressor.
The pressure switch being faulty turning off the compressor.
A clog in the system causing the cold side to ice up.
Thanks I think I will replace the pressure switch and hope that fixes the problem....everything else seems to be in order. i thought about the condenser overheating but I figure that would happen every time I ran the AC and shut the compressor down but like I said its totally random weather I run the AC for an hour of driving or I could just be going to the store that is close and run it for 5 minutes and it would shut down. I have been back and forth running errands today and I didn't have 1 problem with the AC, tomorrow or if i go back out later today may be a different story lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found my problem

Hi, I know its been a while since I first posted but I just wanted to let you all know I found the solution. I actually found the thread on this site about the climate control unit going bad and how to fix it, the solder points in the AC button gets cracks and it seems to be a common problem with the 92-95 civics. so I found a very nice write up with pics on how to remove the climate control unit, dismantle it once it is out if the car and which points on the circuit board needs to be re-soldered. I did this and did not have a problem since. The AC actually blows colder because it is not shutting off at random, here is the link

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/148235-diy-92-95-climate-control-removal-teardown.html

copy and paste after the initial d-series address...this site won't let me post links to its own site go figure

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Good news man! I was going to say it was probably bad wiring at one of the pressure switches or a bad pressure switch or bad/low pressure but even better you found the answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news man! I was going to say it was probably bad wiring at one of the pressure switches or a bad pressure switch or bad/low pressure but even better you found the answer.
Thanks bro, and thanks for making the link hot so people can just click if they need to

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,531 Posts
copy and paste after the initial d-series address...this site won't let me post links to its own site go figure
its actually a safeguard we asked be implemented here at d-so to keep the spam under control. and so far, its doing pretty damn well, so HUGE props to the mods and admin for handling it so well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts