Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I had my A/C off my car for about 6 months while i decided how to fix my radiator support and now that the support is fixed, I re-installed it and used the R-134a conversion kit. It cooled fine for a day and then while driving it the next day, everytime i would push in the clutch and let it go back to idle it would damn near die 2 or 3 times before it caught back up. It also pulls alot more out of the motor than it used to. What could it be?

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i double and triple checked the gauge and it was in the middle of the filled zone...

when driving in 1st and 2nd gear you can feel the compressor kicking on and off..it jerks the car

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep...3 times

im starting to think the system needs to be re-vacuumed out and recharged again

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
hondaboy92 said:
yeah i double and triple checked the gauge and it was in the middle of the filled zone...

when driving in 1st and 2nd gear you can feel the compressor kicking on and off..it jerks the car

Middle of the fill zone?????????

Total BS unless you know high side and low side psi.............

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, its not the belt...tried everything with it and still the same difference

any other ideas? besides taking it back off?

·
0 Posts
transzex said:
Middle of the fill zone?????????

Total BS unless you know high side and low side psi.............
agreed, i have no clue what you mean by middle of the fill zone either, hook some manifold guages up to it, and tell us what the low side and high side pressures are...

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was talkin about what teh gauge registered on the low side...its about 40 PSI on the low side and the supplied fitting for the high side wont let the gauge on..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
40psi suction pressure is alright.. we still need to know the head pressure.

if possible measure the suction line temperature, the discharge line temperature after the condenser along with the temperature drop across the evaporator coil.

Those things just make it easier to figure out what's wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts