Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...Brand New Compressor..Brand new Expansion valve...Brand new Dryer bottle...Brand new A/C Switch...Vaccumed the system with -30 vac showing... Replaced o rings....charged it and IT WILL NOT get cold!! Temp from Duct reading 60 degrees While driving..62 at idle. High side reads 175-225 low side is where it should be at the temp from outside. A/C line SWEATS like it should. Clutch comes on compressor like it should. wtaer drips from evap core like it should.

So what the HELL COULD IT BE!!????? Took it to pepboys for the dye test and they couldnt find out anything either. We all think its blockage somewhere but WHERE!!!?? ONLY original part left to change is evap and condensor. but if it were the evap then i doubt it would be dripping water like it should while A/C is running.... man i dont know...shit is VERY FRUSTRATING AND VERY HOT!

SOMEONE WITH A/C KNOWLEDGE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Low side should read 22 and 36. High side should read 200 and 260. Most likely you are not charged fully. You should have 18 to 21 ounces of refrigerant in the system after filling with oil.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Dripping at the evap with high temp readings at the vents could mean either:

Your heater valve is leaking and heating the air up going through the vents, but the ac system is in good condition.

Or there is a blockage in the evaporator which is causing another "mini" orifice and creating alot of ice and frost built up around the evap.

Going to need more detailed information to try and diagnose this problem.

·
Registered
765 Posts
How many ounces of oil did you replenish the system with and how many ounces of refrigerant did you use to recharge the system?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Make sure the cable under the dash is closing the heat all the way off mine wouldn't get cold and I removed the cable and adjusted it by hand and it blew cold as ice

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heater valve is ok. Mine is 99 civic so its in the engine bay not under dash like 92-95. Put 4 oz of oil in followed by 24oz refrigerent. We are thinking it might be the evap now... no I did not flush the system before vaccumm and charging...

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
You should have flushed it. Plus 134 sucks balls when it is not charged correctly. It also runs hotter than other types of refrigerant.

·
Registered
765 Posts
What are the exact numbers on the low side when the A/C clutch kicks in and when the clutch disengages. Also, your high side is much too low. How did you charge the system with oil and what viscosity did you use? Did the refrigerant you use also have oil or leak detector in it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are the exact numbers on the low side when the A/C clutch kicks in and when the clutch disengages. Also, your high side is much too low. How did you charge the system with oil and what viscosity did you use? Did the refrigerant you use also have oil or leak detector in it?
Don't know exact numbers right now..I would habe to gauge it all again. Refrigerant had oil and leak stop in it and I use medium viscosity oil. What should high side read? Low side can change due to the actual temps outside so there is no "set number range" for the low side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts