Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I tried search the site for 30 mins couldnt find anything on this type of setup other then manifolds like greddy etc..

Iv been doing some research to make my 93 eg turbo but i want to keep the ac, I have been told that all you have to do is use the log cast iron manifold (the little short ebay ones) and turn the charge around so the hot side is facing the a/c compressor, then use a 2.5 downpipe and that will clear all the a/c components, the turbo is a t3/t4 ebay turbo type of thing....

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Hey guys I tried search the site for 30 mins couldnt find anything on this type of setup other then manifolds like greddy etc..

Iv been doing some research to make my 93 eg turbo but i want to keep the ac, I have been told that all you have to do is use the log cast iron manifold (the little short ebay ones) and turn the charge around so the hot side is facing the a/c compressor, then use a 2.5 downpipe and that will clear all the a/c components, the turbo is a t3/t4 ebay turbo type of thing....
your question?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
.. the question is, is that correct? is that all you have to do to make it a/c friendly?

(other then buying a greddy kit) or is there anything else I can do.. thats all im asking for advice/ideas etc.. im a noob at keeping the A/C here.. Iv owned drag cars where a/c never even crossed my mind (this is for my gf's 93 eg) she wants to live the boosted life but wants her A/C! we live in cali

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
.. the question is, is that correct? is that all you have to do to make it a/c friendly?

(other then buying a greddy kit)
I guess.
Greddy
Edelbrock
Stainless steel long.
Go-autoworks
Ebag cast iron 2-3inch downpipe
Etc.... So many setups can keep ac and turbo.

But yes the ebay castiron manifold and a 2.5 custom downpipe will clear ac.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess.
Greddy
Edelbrock
Stainless steel long.
Go-autoworks
Ebag cast iron 2-3inch downpipe
Etc.... So many setups can keep ac and turbo.

But yes the ebay castiron manifold and a 2.5 custom downpipe will clear ac.
am i going to run into any other clearance issues, using the t3/t4.. whats the size on those like 58? or something like that...

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
am i going to run into any other clearance issues, using the t3/t4.. whats the size on those like 58? or something like that...
Shouldnt run into any problems but it all is custom since honda didnt come turbo.

But from what iv done and know is your have to make a wastegate dump. Either open or route it back in.
The downpipe will clear it will just be tight.
And most people have use the ebay 50trim which are normally smaller then what they say. But other people have use real turbos and have had no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shouldnt run into any problems but it all is custom since honda didnt come turbo.

But from what iv done and know is your have to make a wastegate dump. Either open or route it back in.
The downpipe will clear it will just be tight.
And most people have use the ebay 50trim which are normally smaller then what they say. But other people have use real turbos and have had no problems.
now which way do you want to flip the turbo? do u want the downpipe on driver or passenger side?

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
You'll need a sharp bend coming off the exhaust housing with a cast manifold. I planned on keeping a/c initially, but it was way too big of a pain in the ass.

If you can get your hands on a greddy kit they are much easier to work with

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
now which way do you want to flip the turbo? do u want the downpipe on driver or passenger side?
You'll need a sharp bend coming off the exhaust housing with a cast manifold. I planned on keeping a/c initially, but it was way too big of a pain in the ass.

If you can get your hands on a greddy kit they are much easier to work with
Not that much of a pain. Also great to have ac when its smoking hot outside and all you haveis dead hot air hitting you in the face.

I build my kit with ac in mind. The simplest thing for keeping ac is a 2.25 dp and a pie cut off the flange. Then add a 90* bend that been cut off right at the been.

Boostnjuice, search around on google images, it will bring up some pix most will link back to dso. But its been done before end with 3inch piping. So 2.5 and 2.25 are easy.
My t25 has a 2in pipe that flares to 2.25 ones ac is clear, but i plan to swap it out later for a 2.25. But all works great so ill wait till next yr.

·
Registered
977 Posts
:bandito::devil:?:devil::bandito: :fawk:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have already bought most my stuff, I have a welder just need to figure out how to make it work, does anyone have any pics with how the downpipe clears the compressor, im search all of google cant really find any detail pics anywhere..

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I have already bought most my stuff, I have a welder just need to figure out how to make it work, does anyone have any pics with how the downpipe clears the compressor, im search all of google cant really find any detail pics anywhere..
im going to call bull on that.
I just search and found like 10 pix and a few threads about this..

so dont be lazy. You can even search this site and find those threads since all pix are from here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts