Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the motor that I just swapped is a jdm D15b vtec. It didn't come with the a/c compressor. So I tried using my old d16z6 compressor and the bolt holes don't even come close. I have two options. Buy a jdm d15b compressor or get a d16z6 a/c bracket. The jdm compressor would proablly be hard to come by. And the d16z6 a/c bracket doesn't look like it would bolt-on.

What is everyone else doing???

JDM D15B Vtec A/C Bracket

D16Z6 A/C bracket

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one with a jdm swap and still using a/c. I guess i'm shit out of luck.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kommon_sense said:
it wasn't clear from your original post... So a stock d16z6 compressor bracket won't mount up to the jdm d15b block?

From looking at the picture I dont think it will. The jdm bracket has 4 sperate holes to mount it the block. and 4 other seperte holes for the compressor. Where as the d16z6 bracket just has 4 holes to mount it to the block and the compressor. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Ehhhh my D15B8 bracket fit on my d15B7 and then my D15B and now my d16Z6 so I dont know problem you are having?#@!! It fit on 4 separate blocks.

edit: after taking a closer look I see your problem. You are screwed! get a B7 bracket I am sure there are a few around.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This sucks, does anyone have a jdm compressor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts