Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What manifolds will allow me to keep and work my A/C. I just picked upa hf manifold, can I use this and possibly put my fan on the other side of the radiator?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possible to orient the turbo compressor wheel on one side or the other of the turbine housing?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible to orient the turbo compressor wheel on one side or the other of the turbine housing?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Turbo Manifolds

romaredcx said:
What manifolds will allow me to keep and work my A/C. I just picked upa hf manifold, can I use this and possibly put my fan on the other side of the radiator?
Normally, HF manifolds are not the best solution when trying to retain A/C and Power steering. Unless you are making your own adapter plate, you are pretty limited in the configuration of the turbo. Most adapter plates we have seen, are pretty "lined-up" in their arrangement, with little or no offset or twist of the turbo.

You don't really say which bodystyle/engine combination you are working with, so I can't offer much more than that. If you are working with an 88-91, then lots of creativity will be required to retain aything, and you'll probably need to switch to a half rad if you want to run something big.

We just finished a project in an 89 CRX, using an A6 / Y8 / Vitara / 14B / HF combination. We retained the full rad, but lost A/C.

If you are working with a 92 - 95 then you'll have quite a bit more room.

It's probably best to build you own log manifold, and get the placement just how you want it. A lot more planning, but a lot better result.

Hope that helps!

Craig

DIY Log Manifold Kits

1 - 13 of 13 Posts