Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! This is my new project, I'm not a big poster here but I did lurk quite a bit. I used to own a 2000 Civic with a Y8 swap. Sadly the engine blew and I couldn't afford it at the time. The years have passed and I now work for a Honda dealership in Canada as a mechanic, recently an older lady came to buy a Fit and exchanged a pretty mint Acura 1.6 EL. I know that our southern neighbor aren't familiar with this car but this is a rebadged 6th gen Civic with a different front end, also known as the Honda Domani and Isuzu Gemini. It comes with a D16y8, full leather interior with heated seats, electric sunroof, cruise control etc etc. I got the car for dirt cheap considering the shape of the exterior.

What I have done so far ;

- Replaced the stock suspension for KYB shocks and KW coils.
- Welded the exhaust manifold.
- Alignment.
- Cleaned all 4 brakes and replaced guide pins boots and painted the caliper.
- Replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs for OEM.
- Installed seats from a 2008 Civic SI
- Front '' Type-r'' style lip
- Replaced front upper ball-joints
- Made a new front grill with Honda emblem.
- Unbadged the trunk and installed an Honda emblem.
- Replaced the airbox for a Fujita cone filter.
- Engine dress-up

I might forget things, drugs.

The next things on the list are, manual tranny swap and replace the HVAC/Radio console for the 99/00 Civic double din.

Enough bla bla.

My previous Civic

The EL (bad quality I know)

When I got the car :

As it is for the moment:

I plan on painting the wheel because of the corrosion and I cant decide what color to paint them, any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
...fix pics, my imagination isn't working.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks nice. Just some clean up under the hood and it will look tidy under there too. I sure love the front ends on these.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
3 pieces are the sickness too, almost worth building a drag car to run one.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Coworker gave me a pair of brand new Hella supertone yesterday, really loud.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The brackets are different! I took off the brackets from the old seats, bolted them back in the car, put the Si seats on the brackets, aligned everything then I welded them in place. Took me roughly 2 hour. They fit very well and all the adjustments works. They are really comfy compared to the leather one. You also have to swap the belt buckles but its litteraly bolt-on.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sadly no, but I could write a step by step DIY. Also I didnt do all the welding in the car, only tacks then took the seats off to complete the welds . To make sure I didnt burn anything, I placed soaked rags all around the rails on the floor.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Quick update and I'll come back with pictures. I just bought a 2000 civic Ex (canadian Si) for parts so I can do my manual transmission swap as well as the '99-'00 HVAC control swap. I also had time to lose so I made an home made intake airbox.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another update without pictures but it's coming hehe. Latest addition are :

- Rear '09 Si seats.
- Front and rear ST anti-sway bar.
- manual transmission swap
- Bought a set of 5zigen N1R QF
- got rid of the shitty EL cup holder and center console.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Sadly no, but I could write a step by step DIY. Also I didnt do all the welding in the car, only tacks then took the seats off to complete the welds . To make sure I didnt burn anything, I placed soaked rags all around the rails on the floor.
Yea my good old welding trick.
Wet up everything so nothing catches fire lol..

But seats do look great. I tell myself all there time im going to change mines but dnot feel like paying all that money for the seats.

·
Registered
1.6 EL
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea my good old welding trick.
Wet up everything so nothing catches fire lol..

But seats do look great. I tell myself all there time im going to change mines but dnot feel like paying all that money for the seats.
Honestly im very lucky, I got the seats for free. Most of the parts I got were gifted to me since I give a hand with my friends race car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts