Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
' 99 p2t ecu SI vtec fit with '99 mini-me y7/y8 swap ?

thank you

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's tha same obd2b plugs, so it's table who are so different ?

any comments ?

thank you

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if you have the 2-wire IACV on the minime, then I don't see why it wouldn't work out.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
makku said:
if you have the 2-wire IACV on the minime, then I don't see why it wouldn't work out.
like shifty35 said, it will work well due to different powerband and fuel/ignition table ?

thank you

·
Registered
258 Posts
the p2t and a 99-00 p2p is totally different. the p2p has more pins on the middle part. the 99-00 is different in comparison between the 96-00 p2p, also in shape. I do however have a 98 p2p sittin in my garage, though.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need OBD2b 99-00 p2p ecu. 98 won't fit on my harness plug.

Does OBD2b p2t use the same plugs pattern as p2p one ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
that is a good question that I kdon't know about, I haven't looked into that in over 2 years. I don't want to give you the wrong info on both the ecu's that you have alreaddy mentioned.

But in my opinion there are going to be a few different things different like the obd2b p2p will not have that extra pin for that sensor that looks for the other cam, ofcoarse a knock sensor also the fuel tables will differ, input to the fuel injectors are totally different. Heck, the fuel injectors on the d vs. b-series has different flow rates.

I am sorry I am not able to give you direct info on this subject at this time.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i see your point !! :) thank you ! I like that kind of comments...

but I'm sure that inectors are 240 cc on B like almost every D... ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey man an update for ya' if you crack open your helms book 1996-2000 on the fuel and emission chapter (11-88 to 11-96) it will show you the pins of the ecu's unfortunately, it will not individualize the ecu's that they have used. But it will let you see perfectly for which one is which. I am sure this will help to understand. If you don't have a helms there is an adobe acrobat format of the civic book in archives. I tried to find the flow rates for the injectors in the book. Looks like I am going to keep on searching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts