Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Ek Hatch
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to a guy in one of my classes and he tells me he drives a Scion Tc.
He asked me if I wanted to race to see if he can beat me since I'm gutted and Hondas have a reputation for being quick. We agree to run after school in an industrial area where there're no cars.

My 99 Ek Hatch - Intake, Header, Exhaust, Timing play, gutted rear end.
His 05 Tc - K&N Intake and Filter

1st run;

We line up and he agrees to honk 3 times. I rev up to 3.5k rpms and I'm assuming he revved up much higher. I hear the 3rd honk and pop the clutch with minimal traction problems. I look into my sideview mirror and see him spinning tire into 2nd gear. Shut down at 65 with me 3 cars ahead.

2nd run;

We line up, this time it's my honk. Rev up same as before and launch with minimal traction problems just as before. This time he didn't spin as much and stayed a bit closer. At the top of 2nd gear I had him at 2 - 2 1/5 cars.

3rd run;

A friend of mine gets behind us and honks. We both hook pretty good with me a car ahead. I throw it in second and look to see him in my rear view turning around. Said he missed 2nd gear.

He's not neccesarly a bad driver but he could use some practice.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
let me see pics of ur EK

·
Registered
99 Ek Hatch
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could have sworn it was a DAP color hbk. either way, vids or it did not happen.

Do the math.
I weigh less than 2200 and crank out just enough power to make the hatch move. He weighs 2900+ with 160hp and can't drive.

I'll make sure to record it just for you next time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
nice kill, its always funny how there are some crappy drivers out there. My g/f drives a TC, and its always cute how she tries to race me.
WOW!! Same here man!! My wife talks shit to me all the time about how she would smoke me in her 08 TC.But she will never line up with me.When we're in seperate cars she always makes a point to do the ricer flyby on me :roll:

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
how do you weigh less than 2200? i weighed my 2000 ej dx and subtracting my own weight i got 2280 on a quarter tank of gas or so... no way you could lose 80+ lbs by gutting just the rear end; you'd have to gut almost the whole car lol. i realize its not really that relevant, but keeping your facts accurate makes a story more believable imo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts