Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still new to Honda , but this will be my first Honda build and I chose the 4 door EK because I have a beautiful daughter and coupe isn't for me. To cramped!

I bought the car months ago for like 1400 from a guy in jersey, it had a hole in the exhaust no biggie and that was it! Lil minor scratches here and there.

And here we go. First few months stock.

Positive and negative comments welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the starting motor was the y7 and I attacked that exhaust first!! I told myself when I start something in gonna do it right. No hack jobs

So I pieced together my exhaust and it wasn't that expensive at all.

I sourced an exhaust from eBay with headers, and I bought a Megan racing muffler, everything everything 200$ Everything STAINLESS STEEL.
I chopped the retarded muffler of the eBay exhaust for the Megan part

Attachments

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Theres no such thing as a 4door EK
Theres no such thing as an EK coupe

I dont know why the first thing you learn is the wrong classification of your car.

You sir, have an EJ6

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The eBay exhaust was missing a section so we had to weld in a piece no biggie!

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I dont know why the first thing you learn is the wrong classification of your car.

You sir, have an EJ6
As long as I've known it's also been called an EK as well. Everywhere I look it says EK.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You sir, have an EJ6
As long as I've known it's also been called an EK as well. Everywhere I look it says EK.

I see what your saying, did a quick search! Ok my EJ6.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
As you can tell by the link in my sig, everyones been doing it wrong for over a decade.

Now since your new to hondas, im trying to get you more informed as Hondas have started the whole compact scene back in the early 90's. But, honda people are the brunt of all the jokes. Its because of mis-information (just like arguing that your car is an EK)

When you get knowledge from reputable people in the scene, accept it. If your not willing to accept it, everyone will turn their back on you and then you out there on your own with the rest of the idiots calling it an EK.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you can tell by the link in my sig, everyones been doing it wrong for over a decade.

Now since your new to hondas, im trying to get you more informed as Hondas have started the whole compact scene back in the early 90's. But, honda people are the brunt of all the jokes. Its because of mis-information (just like arguing that your car is an EK)

When you get knowledge from reputable people in the scene, accept it. If your not willing to accept it, everyone will turn their back on you and then you out there on your own with the rest of the idiots calling it an EK.
Oh of course I accept it!! Much respect! I'm all ears for anything I'm doing wrong to be corrected! There's no way I can change the title huh?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Nice! Before you buy an air intake, consider converting to a Y8 manifold.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The most recent update! The car was down for a month because the y7 took a crap on me! So I bought a z6! And a bunch of parts for it!

I bought a stage 1 XTD clutch, new dizzy, water pump, timing belt kit, radiator & fan, new alternator from my y7(had to swap it over), also swapped my y7 injectors to the z6, NGK plugs & NGK wires, chipped p28ecu & harnesses for the dizzy and p28, new axels.

Also bought some blox cams! Gonna crack open the motor once I have all of the head products!

I don't have pix of everything because it was all installed before this thread was started!

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are the plans for this ride, any suspension mods or parts already being eyed?
I plan to go all motor then change somethings and go turbo later this year or next spring.

I been looking at progress coilovers , I here good things about them and I also was checking out some vendors on here! I'm going go all out on suspension. Control arms, subframe , sway bar, bushings everything.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also have a metal head gasket and the Zerg thermal gasket.

I'm on the fence about the Zerg part. I've read good and bad things about them.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
During the month the car was down the swap was started , and finished but had a few issues at the end.

Had no spark but after much reading and research and professionals looking into also, it was the harness for the dizzy, had to be rewired and it started right up.

The vtec was wired up, iac was wired up, bled fluids bang was good to go!

At first the car ran like absolute crap because my first p28 wasn't chipped, long story short , I bought it off a friend and it was bad!?
Oh well kept it moving! A good buddy of mine had a chipped p28 and what a difference it made!!!
Car runs mint! No codes nothing!

Pix go from old to new

1 - 20 of 27 Posts