Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 honda civic DX with a no start, no spark condition. I have looked into replacing the coil and ignitor, cap and rotor and I still have nothing. I checked the pcm and everything seems to be OK. I do not have a wiring diagram for this vehicle or I would check some other components that may be there. Where do you believe I need to go look and poke my finger around at?

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
go grab your voltmeter, and take the dizzy apart... work backward from the dizzy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know the values for the voltmeter! Does anyone have some wiring info or what I need to look for? its a dumb question but I dont have alldata or MOD. I know how to test, but don't know what I'm looking for in the tests

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
if its not sparking, then it probably is not getting any sort of power at all... i would get out the voltmeter, touch the positive end up to the dizzy signal wire and if u get 0 volts, there is obviously something wrong...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes of course I get 0 volts on the signal wire. I can tell you that. At first i believe I got like 8 volts to it, but now I have nothing. Let me go check that real quick and get back to you

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
yes of course I get 0 volts on the signal wire. I can tell you that. At first i believe I got like 8 volts to it, but now I have nothing. Let me go check that real quick and get back to you
follow the wire all the way back until you find where it ends up and test volts on everything

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it goes into a wire loom, I'm not really wanting to rip apart a customers vehicle to look at a wire that may not be an issue, ya know what i mean

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
true, the only other things i can think of is check ALL fuses, and resort to helms or chiltons manual... good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the good luck man. its appreciated. i did check all fuses and everything is good. I hooked up my computer to the DLC and got no codes and did a self test and everything was OK! that drove me crazy. anyway, thanks man, i'll let you know what i find today

1 - 11 of 11 Posts