Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a shop drop in a D16Y8 TO REPLACE MY D16Y7.
THIS IS WHAT CAME WITH THE SWAP...
D16Y8 LONGBLOCK
D16Y8 INTAKE MANIFOLD
D16Y8 REBUILT HEAD
99-00 EX CIVIC ENGINE HARNESS
P2P-ECU (37280-P2P-A12) TO BE EXACT

NOW HERE IS THE BRAIN BUSTER FOR ME....
THE A-HOLES DID NOT WIRE UP MY O2 SENSORS! :pinch:
I GOT ONE THAT'S ON THE HEADER AND ONE ON THE BOTTOM FOR MY CATALYTIC CONVERTER. I UNDERSTAND THAT O2 SENSORS DO NOT PLUG INTO THE MAIN ENGINE HARNESS ON THE 99-00 CIVIC EX HARNESS, SO MY QUESTION IS,
"WHERE CAN I PLUG IN THE O2 SENSORS?? DO I NEED TO RUN THEM MANUALLY TO THE ECU? DO I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER HARNESS?
CAN ANYONE SHOW ME HOW TO DO THAT?
CAN ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HELP ME PLEASE!??"

I DID BUY A CONVERSION HARNESS AND A CHIPPED P28 ECU BUT I NEED TO SMOG!! AND ITS A BITCH WITH THOSE DAMN CODES POPPING UP!! NOT TO MENTION RUNNING RICH WHICH=BAD MILEAGE!!!:nono:

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS PEEPS. THANKS

Attachments

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
good thing is you understand that the OBD2b y8 engine harness don't have the secondary o2 sensor wires on it. They come from the cabin straight out to the bottom of the car.

here's what I did with my 98 which is obd2a but hope it gives you an idea.
I put a gsr on mine and I converted my y7 engine harness to a y8 to make it all work. I ran and added in the vtec wires and converted from 3wire IACV to 2wire IACV. And I moved both of the o2 sensor wires to the back near the speed sensor plug. I don't even have a cat LOL but I moved them just in case one day I need to put one on, wires are there. I didn't add a knock sensor. I just put a chipped obd1 ecu anyways. It don't look for secondary o2, knock sensor and crank angle sensor...

Where is your obd2b y7 harness? I say convert it if you know how to run wires, solder plugs n all that shyt. Compare it to the obd2b y8 harness and read up on where the obd2b ecu pin outs go. Then sell the obd2b y8 engine harness.

Or even easier, just add the wires for the secondary o2 sensor plug on that y8 harness and be done with it..

·
Registered
99 civic dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
appreciate the reply...
the shop kept my y7 harness and it sounds like a good idea to add the wires on to the y8 harness.
sounds simple enough and i have the ecu pin layout but stiil dont know where primary o2 sensor and secondary sensors will wire up

heres the link

·
Registered
99 civic dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now what stumps me is that each o2 sensor has a 4 wire plug, and I only see two plugs per o2 sensors.. wtf????

·
Registered
0 Posts
hello my friends !! i did engine swap y7 hatchback cx 97 --> y8 Ex 00, im usinig the same cluster instruments but te tach and velocimeter does not work ! just temp and gas gauges,
and when te engine reaches the normal temp the raditor fan does not work i have tried to test it directly on the fuse box and realy work !
the last issue is the data link connector does not work too !! when i attach the scaner, the escaner says erro comunication !!
any help ???
thanx in advance !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts