Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys, i was wondering if anybody on D-Series can help me out here with this problem that I'm having with my D16a6/Y8 Mini-Me Vtec Turbo build. Just recently put this Motor together and put it in the car about three weeks ago. Ill list what has been done to it so far and what's been replace and fixed.

NOW THE PROBLEM: I have no OIL PRESSURE at all :confused: !! I've changed the oil pump and the sump to a Brand New ones but still have no oil pressure still, there's bearly any oil in the oil filter when i took it off while the car was running! Did a Oil Pressure test and the digital gauge read 0 even when the car is on and running! Yes i did take that little plug out in the middle of the block like I'm suppose to but I'm stuck as of right now as of why I'm not getting 0 oil pressure! The car still starts right up with no problem but i don't start it up a lot because of no oil pressure, Someone please help any advice or inputs is appreciated. Thanks

STOCK HEAD

99-00 D16Y8 Head
99-00 Y8 Transmission

BUILT BLOCK FOR TURBO (Everything in this list is Brand NEW)

91 Civic Si D16A6 Block (MINT)
Decked and milled + Bored .20 over
SRP TURBO Pistons + Rings 9:5:1
Crowner Turbo Eagle Rods
Crank straighten Mircro-polished and balanced
Unortherdox pulley
ARP Headstuds
Moroso Oil pan
ACT Stage 2 Four Puck Clutch and 10lbs Flywheel
SKunk 2 Red Cam Gear
10.2mm Racing Spark plug wires
Cometic 2mm five layer turbo Headgasket
Hondata Manifold Gasket
Header Gasket
Skunk2 Short Shifter
Skunk2 Shift knob
Thermostat Housing Gasket
NGR V-Power Spark Plugs
New Oil pump
Water pump
D16Y8 Belt
Oil Pan Gasket
Tensioner
Shift linkages
Driver side outter Tie Rod
Oil Catch Can W/Braided lines and nipple fitting to the Valve Cover
Throw out bearings
Rubber Boot Cover for Transmission
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Smaller Pulley Belt
alternator Belt
MOBILE 1 OIL Filter
HONDA Manuel Transmission Fuilds

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Passage to oil pressure port is blocked?

Maybe test pressure at a different spot can't think of one though.

Maybe get a sandwich adapter and test pressure there?

Worst case scenario the bearings are spun and you need a rebuild

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passage to oil pressure port is blocked?

Maybe test pressure at a different spot can't think of one though.

Maybe get a sandwich adapter and test pressure there?

Worst case scenario the bearings are spun and you need a rebuild

Idk might be blocked but might not. I was thinking about getting a sandwhich adapter and kind of doing it like a Ls-Vtec or i was thinking of just running it off the Oil pan and tap it to the head?? Somebody else said it could be bearings too but there not knocking at all thou, that why I'm confused.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long did you start the car for. and is the oil light on also

When i got the motor in and all set up, start up the car for the first time for like 5-15 mins. couple days later start it up for 10 mins then did an Oil pressure test on it. The oil light was on Yes but after i changed the Oil Pump and the Sump it went off. Seems like I'm not getting any oil to the head, and theres bearly any oil in the filter when checked it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Ditch the electric style guage. Get a mechanical.
2. Make surr you have an oil pick up.
3. Make sure ur oil pick is not clogged.
4. Make surr you have oil.
Make surr you use a high quality oil filter. No frams. Not motorcraft. No advance special. Mobile or k&n if u care about your motor!

I did a oil pressure check and then I took it to my tuner shop around my area and they did a check also and they got 0. Yeahh I have an oil pick up, and I checked the oil pick before installing it. Yes deff. Have oil in the pan and when checking the dip stick there is oil on it where it surpose to be. Deff. Agree with you on high quality oil filter, I have a Mobile 1 on it as we speak.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Not to sure how deep the morosso oil pan is, because maybe your not picking up enought oil from the sump.

Do a test, add more oil to the pan and check your oil pressure.

If you think you have no oil pressure your turbo can be starving aswell. Take out the oil feed to the turbo, have someone start it, put that line into a water bottle and check if oil is coming out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not to sure how deep the morosso oil pan is, because maybe your not picking up enought oil from the sump.

Do a test, add more oil to the pan and check your oil pressure.

If you think you have no oil pressure your turbo can be starving aswell. Take out the oil feed to the turbo, have someone start it, put that line into a water bottle and check if oil is coming out.

Hmmm...yeahhh ill deff. Try giving that a shot and adding more oil, the turbo set up is not install yet, want to break in the motor Properly before installing the turbo kit.

Thanks everybodys for your inputs and advices I deff. Apperciated it, just tryna figuer this problem out and get the car on the Road sooon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.