Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to make a long long story short. I have a 99-00 Civic Ex Automatic Coupe. I just converted it to 5 speed i put my manual ecu in and left the automatic intake manifold on. Started the car it would surge between 1900-2000 RPM's. So i figure'd ok let me put on a manual intake manifold when i notice'd my 99-00 head and intake manifold had some kind of air passage way going on. So now my question to u guys is... Can some how some way i use a pre-99 intake manifold...

I just need any kind of help that can be offered my car has been sitting in my boys garage for going on 5 days now the car starts just idles like shit because i didn't clean all the old intake manifold gasket off b4 putting on the new one. I know I know but i couldn't get it off with a razor blade and i was afraid to do it harder. But any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.. EJ8Kid

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You need to use a 5speed intake manifold and throttle body,iac
Why because the auto trans iac (idle air control valve) is on the throttle body and is a 3 wire sensor
A 5 spd iac is on the back of the intake manifold and is a 2 wire sensor it must be converted to a 2 wire sensor

·
Registered
32 Posts
just like what he said.. auto mani and manual ecu won't work for sure.. cause the auto ecu will detect iacv problem... change the intake mani.. you can't use 96-98 mani onlt 99-00 will work for your car..

if you want to use your car for a while put back the auto ecu.. but you will have multiple auto related cell, no reverse light and continious dash blinking and wont hit v-tec.. but at least you can still use your car.. then change the mani and ecu at the same time.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
32 Posts
as for the manifold gasket, make sure its flat and no trace of old gasket remained..make sure to tighten the mani bolt accoring to the sequence.. go to autozone and the have a special gasket scrapper for 10 bucks.. its worth it before you scratched the block..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and yes a gasket surface must be very clean of all old gasket and oil or coolant
to asure a proper seal
you must use a 99-00 intake manifold has air injection holes as where 96-98 do not
96-98 will give a check engine light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts