Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm an older Honda tech now retired. Just reaching out regarding a head swap I did on my wife's car. Its a 99EX Manual. Sent the head off to machine shop to discover it had a crack. I picked up another used head thinking hey all 96-00 D16Y8's are the same well...….

So I put the 97 head on her car and first fire has a high idle, I can hear a vac leak but cant find it.

Came on this forum and went wth is air injection haha. Here begins my problem haha.

So its a manual 99 EX I used all the OE equipment from the car minus the head is a 97. What should I do about going forward?

Pull intake off and plug us the 5 air injection holes on the 99 intake. Re-use the 99 IM gasket, not sure what else I would need to plug.

Or should I just get a 97 intake manifold?

I don't think the car will pass CA emissions in Comifornia but that's whatever.

I guess my question is what should I do as far as repair goes: It would be nice to not have CEL as well.

What's the most factory replacement program using the wrong year head lol.

Thanks for your Help!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
tap the holes and put in some threaded plugs with sealant. should be the easiest thing to do

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. You think that if I pull mani and only plug up those 4 small holes, and the one larger one in the middle (probably just cap it on the top of the flange) everything should run as normal? No CEL's etc?

I should be running the same 99-00 Intake manifold gasket I'm guessing as well.

Thanks Again!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
if the 99 doesn't have the holes in it, use it. that will do the same thing with the gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts