Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just recently joined this forum because i am looking for advice on modifying my existing D16Y8 engine to be tuned for autox, or the other idea i had was to do a K or B swap. The car also has an auto trans so another question i have is...is it worth it to do engine and suspension mods on an automatic or should i convert it to a manual? my budget is minimum $1k to maximum of $3k. This is my first project car and I am looking to have some fun with it. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated since I am also new to the car world but i have a lot of time on my hands and i am willing to do a lot of research if need be.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
1-3 grand gets you way out of a plug and play K swap.

it will BARELY get you the parts for a B swap and manual conversion.

Id say just buy mounts, brackets, wiring, ecu from a CRV, and use a B20 auto setup, 2wd of course.

You will want to find a b18b LS intake manifold, throttlecable bracket, and perhaps the b18 throttlecable.

a rear ended crv 2wd 97-01 will be your best bet for cheap parts access.

Then toss a $30 oil cooler on the transmission and be done with it. bypass the radiator cooler/warmer, and jsut remember to warm the transmission up prior to autocrossing.

The crv B20's are always worth popping on a new headgasket and chaning ALL the oil seals in the cylinder head, including the distributor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts