Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,827 Posts
no, I mean right where it is, but the nut is on the wrong side. a nylock nut may hold it without the need of all that extra shit. maybe a grommet to help it seal and bam.

edit* my mans gets it. ^^^

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,332 Posts
Also, got a b20 iat sensor from the junk yard and wired it in with a corresponding nut jb welded in. Its definitely not pretty but it gets the job done! Pretty sure the stock push in iat was leaking. Had it in there with a grommet and noticed that it would push outward after a hard pull. View attachment 139816
Murica.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,377 Posts
Myself I love watching learning experiences nowadays, I'm pretty sure I did the exact same iat install 15 years ago. After it came back 3 or 5 times for boost leaks I upped my arsenal of tool weaponry and purchased my first pos wire fed.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Myself I love watching learning experiences nowadays, I'm pretty sure I did the exact same iat install 15 years ago. After it came back 3 or 5 times for boost leaks I upped my arsenal of tool weaponry and purchased my first pos wire fed.
I can't wait to buy my first pos wire fed! Lol. How long did it last before it started leaking?

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,377 Posts
About 2 weeks before the jb weld cracked, then a few weeks before the grommet and nut started leaking, then I tried a few more things that lasted not too long, lol.
Check out a harbor freight wire fed, and a decent set of gauges that will do gas mixes, might surprise you how affordable a cheap but workable setup is now.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Went with a bumper dumper. It’s surprising how much quieter it is. And how less stinky. Lol. All in all I enjoy it more.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

I’m going to save up for some rods/pistons and a gt28rs. Because of COURSE I want more power now. I just want to be able to walk on my girlfriend’s 2020 STI 🤣

41 - 57 of 57 Posts