Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up guys? Picked up this 98 hatch about a month ago and decided to share the journey with you guys. I had an 02 Audi TT that I was building, but unfortunately spun a rod bearing and decided to go a different route. I have what’s called an f21t frankenturbo lying around which is essentially a hybrid ko4. I plan to try and mate it up to the d16, cause why not? I’ve already got the turbo, Bosch ev14 550s, a fmic core and some other parts. Just need a fuel pump, manifold, fuel management, and some other little things to get this car boosted.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided I’m going to just go with a 50 trim. It would be too much work and headache to use the frankenturbo. However, I can still use my 550s. So that’s a plus.
Blacked out my headlight housings today. Came out pretty solid. Not perfect, but they still look decent enough.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking great. Any update on your build?
Just a little. Got my turbo and manifold in. Unfortunately today I believe I experienced head gasket failure. Overheating and coolant loss without any signs of broken hoses, smoking from the radiator and such. So that’s kind of a bummer. On the bright side, the cars LOOKING pretty good these days lol.
C1C5CE23-1C1C-475E-A631-E6A9D2B3A395.jpeg

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Went to my moms which was 4 hours away for Christmas. Picked up my Bosch 550cc injectors I had there. Also the turbo I was originally thinking of using, but it would just be way too much effort to find adapters or fab something up to use it.

this is the turbo I was talking about. Has the vw/Audi exhaust side. Not worth the trouble, so I just have it for sale on the vw/audi forums.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my wastegate and dump tube in. It’s actually starting to look like something right?!?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts