Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up guys? Picked up this 98 hatch about a month ago and decided to share the journey with you guys. I had an 02 Audi TT that I was building, but unfortunately spun a rod bearing and decided to go a different route. I have what’s called an f21t frankenturbo lying around which is essentially a hybrid ko4. I plan to try and mate it up to the d16, cause why not? I’ve already got the turbo, Bosch ev14 550s, a fmic core and some other parts. Just need a fuel pump, manifold, fuel management, and some other little things to get this car boosted.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decided I’m going to just go with a 50 trim. It would be too much work and headache to use the frankenturbo. However, I can still use my 550s. So that’s a plus.
Blacked out my headlight housings today. Came out pretty solid. Not perfect, but they still look decent enough.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking great. Any update on your build?
Just a little. Got my turbo and manifold in. Unfortunately today I believe I experienced head gasket failure. Overheating and coolant loss without any signs of broken hoses, smoking from the radiator and such. So that’s kind of a bummer. On the bright side, the cars LOOKING pretty good these days lol.
C1C5CE23-1C1C-475E-A631-E6A9D2B3A395.jpeg

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Went to my moms which was 4 hours away for Christmas. Picked up my Bosch 550cc injectors I had there. Also the turbo I was originally thinking of using, but it would just be way too much effort to find adapters or fab something up to use it.

this is the turbo I was talking about. Has the vw/Audi exhaust side. Not worth the trouble, so I just have it for sale on the vw/audi forums.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my wastegate and dump tube in. It’s actually starting to look like something right?!?!

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me neither dude. Every car I’ve owned has been boosted. I miss it. Can’t decide on an engine management yet. I really want NepTune, but all the tuners around me prefer to use Hondata. Decisions. Almost tempted to give tuning it myself a try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Me neither dude. Every car I’ve owned has been boosted. I miss it. Can’t decide on an engine management yet. I really want NepTune, but all the tuners around me prefer to use Hondata. Decisions. Almost tempted to give tuning it myself a try.
I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. Lol. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little update, pulled a front sway bar from an LX at the pull a part. Upgraded the bushings. And it’s amazing. Subtle but very noticeable difference. Love it. Check out these old bushing though. LOL.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my progress cs2’s installed. They’re fantastic. I went with the 350f/350r setup. It’s a little too low right now though. Going to raise it up about an inch. My exhaust scrapes some places. And I hit a small pot hole and it was terrifying 🤣🤣🤣
The ride quality is a little choppy, not bouncy, but abrupt I guess so to speak. But it’s worth the handling. The handling is ridiculous compared to what was on there. Hardly any body roll at all. With the stock d16 that’s in there, there’s no forward to back rolling with acceleration. Maybe a different story once I throw this turbo on LOL.

new vs old

How it sits right now. Like I said, going to raise it about an inch on all sides.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Also put in an NRG steering wheel. Just ordered a quick release adapter as well, because the stud that holds the steering wheel on comes out too far to install the horn button. And that irks the crap out of me. Didn’t really want the quick release, but it’ll bring the wheel a little closer as well, which I want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sweet car, I have the same one. Unrelated to anything but how does that phone holder work with a bumpy ride/hard driving? My current phone holder sucks booty.

·
Registered
98 Civic Hatch
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet car, I have the same one. Unrelated to anything but how does that phone holder work with a bumpy ride/hard driving? My current phone holder sucks booty.
Its honestly amazing. I’ve never had any trouble with it whatsoever. Plus, it’s a “wireless charger” in one. Obviously, there’s a wire running to it, but you don’t have to plug your phone up. I got it at Walmart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts