Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured it was time to finally sign up and start a build thread. This is my first honda and it's been a good time working on so far. I didn't take any pictures of the car when I picked it up a few months ago, but better starting late than never.

I got it from a guy who did some work on it, bolt on stuff, and seemingly half assed a lot of it. He had swapped out the original y8 for a y5 long block. The car still had the original trans, s40 big bearing, so I'm glad about that. It ran half decent, everything works, most importantly the tranny was shifting smooth so it's usable for now.

I started out by finding a rebuilt d16z6 long block, and picking up everything I needed to make it work. I'll get some pictures started here in a few minutes, anyways thanks for reading.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New motor mounts with energy inserts all around. D16z6 next to cars original gearbox. Replaced the froze factory u joint and welded in a mil spec unit. And some assembly pics of the z6 with new alternator and covers, blasted and painted brackets, etc..

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My goal within the next month is to get it running and driving half ass decent, make sure everything I did so far works good and the new long block is operating as it should.

Next project is a custom turbonetics setup, probably 50 trim t3t4. I'd like to see it run turbo atleast 6 psi on the stock internals.

Come middle of winter when things are slow at our motorcycle shop I'll have room in our boat service dept for a full tear down. I want to do everything nice from bare body up. Build bottom end with eagle and wiseCo. Port and build head. All the good stuff. Nothing really crazy but I'd like it to be nice. Build a nice streetable suspension setup. I like the look of mostly megan racing with function form type 2s.

All said and done, come spring I'd like a nice daily driver, I'd be happy with 300 hp and some head room.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trans mounted, new starter on. Pic of skunk2 intake manifold, I ported to match the 70mm alpha tb. New iacv, rebuilt and cleaned up vtec solenoid. Used the old valve cover that was already in the car, it cleaned up pretty decent in the supersonic parts cleaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got an app to resize the pics smaller so the files aren't so large.

Here's the most recent pics after yesterday. Engine went in last week, got a lot of the bay done yesterday. Did some sanding and painting in the bay before I dropped the new engine in there.

Msd blaster 2 coil. Aem rail, filter, fpr. Yonaka radiator and fan.

Next on the work list is getting the shift linkages finished up with the new shifter and bushings. Still have to mount coolant res tank. Ordering ID850 injectors tomorrow. Have to order an s300 p28 next week and hopefully get it running.

I have new driveshafts, waiting for some other front suspension stuff to arrive so I can get the car off the stands.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts