Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor was an Auto D16y8 -- It was out of a 98 Civic EX.

I bought a 99 D16y8 Manual/5 Speed motor, complete with everything (ECU, Tranny, Dist, Intake Mani, etc) and half of the engine harness -- the harness is cut so i can't use it.

Anyway, would I be able to use my existing wiring harness that's the Auto 98 EX D16y8 harness and plug the harness into my 5 speed 99 engine, and plug the 99 ECU into the other side of the harness and not worry about a thing???

When I plugged up my auto harness, I got a set or a clip of wires that don't plug into the 99 5 speed ecu.

My question simply is can I use my Auto 98 Ex d16y8 engine wiring harness, with my 99 EX 5 speed ecu + motor without modifying anything in the engine bay???

I need help before I waste money!!!

Sorry if I cross posted...

·
Registered
99 civic hatch
2,015 Posts
yes, i am using my d16y7 engine harness (AUTO) and i put on a 5 speed ex tranny. there will be one left over clip at the ecu side, and some leftover auto tranny sensor connectors on the engine side. make sure to bridge the wires in the shifter area to make the ecu think that your vehicle is in park. that should be all, o, and dont forget to run two wires to your reverse sensor so your backup lights work

·
Registered
261 Posts
cant use a 99 ecu with a 98 harness in civics. obd2a vs. obd2b, simply will not work. however u can buy conversion harnesses. where? im not 100% sure and too lazy to search right now but know they exist. there will be one plug left over in a auto-manual swap @ the ecu, along with a few others under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts