Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to find out exactly how to replace the old busted speakers with some new ones without removing all the panels. See, it's for the GF and she's REAL picky about people touching her car. It seems like the rear covers can be pried up but not sure. How do yall get the rear speakers out?

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
pop the side piler covers off or out of the way unblot the tree child car seat bolts on the cover fold the seats down and pop off the rear shelf cover (it will just pop off with a lil prying).then unscrew the 4 screws to the speaker and unclip them from the factory harness,and there out!

let me know it i missed any thing?
dont think i did though.

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
god i hate doing rear speakers in the car. DONT pry the speaker covers they dont come off i tryed that and had to get a new rear deck.

1 remove folding seats
2 remove the brackets on the side they hold the side plastics in
3 remove side plastics
4 give a firm tug on rear deck will slide out (when putting deck back on make sure you have seat belts in the little holder things)
5 remove bad speakers
5 install new hotness
6 then replace everything (or say the hell with it and dont put them back in)
7 have a beer if of age

when i put mine in i was reading the directions about how to put them into the back and it said remove seat i said "what the fuck....its speakers and i have to remove seats son of a bitch" its just a big pain in the ass to do the rear deck speakers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****! I gotta go thru all that just to replace speakers?! I WILL be having an ice cold Corona after that mess! lol. Thanks guys!

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
youll have to pull the back deck off. Im not sure if you have to pull the side penals off, but once you get the deck off its a piece of cake.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still seems like too much work :noway:, lol. So I just pull on that deck and it comes out? Is there tabs to break on it or something?

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
no but theres clips that hold it down to the rear deck its real ez like i said before pop off the piler panels move them out of the way fold the seat down and unbolt the tree "baby" seat restraint bolts and pop up the panel and there you go! souldn't take more then 30min. with speaker install and assembly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks guys :bravo:. I'll get them swapped this weekend! :p

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
or you can lay in the trunk and drill out the screw locations. theres enough room to push speakers up and out holes. then just bottom mount the new ones. ghetto but quick when you have 7 more cars that have to get worked on.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
It really isn't that hard to take the deck cover off, just don't forget to unplug the 3rd brake light bulb and follow the rest of the directions. I ran into the job headfirst with very little knowledge of doing it with a civic. Took me all of 1/2 hour to take everything out and get the new speakers in. Usually i am viciously slow with wiring and stuff but this is not that hard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts