Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Civic LX 5 spd. It's got some bolt ons, nothing fancy other than a z6 intake manifold. My issue is that is stalls on restarts. I say restarts because it doesn't do it in the morning when I start it for work, but when I go to a gas station, or just shut it off and turn in back on it a few minutes. It'll start, but stall out in a few seconds, all power cuts out. I have to turn the key all the way off and a few more turns and it's back to running. Rearely it stalls while I'm driving, so I shut it off and pop it. It haesnt left me stuck anywhere, but I don't want it to get to that point. I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, and wires, it made no difference. I think it might be the main relay fuse under the dash, but I'm not having any luck finding it to solder the contacts. What does the damn thing look like, because the pics I've seen online look nothing like what I see.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check your ignition key electrical contact points. When they heat up after a while of driving, it may cause problems as described.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts