Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive got a 1998 Honda Civic Si (EX). The speedometer and odometer dont work. The speedo stays at 30 kph (20 mph). It will sometimes work, its on and off. I had it diagnosed and i was told that the ground wire going to the vss is bad. Im just wondering how i fix the wire? Ive got a haynes manual with the wiring diagram, but im not sure how to check where in the wire is broken? Any help would be great thanks!

*Its a D16Y8 btw*

·
Registered
189 Posts
Easiest way to check would be with a voltmeter. You would check the black wire on the sensor harness and the ground wire next to the thermostat on the engine. If you have continuity then the wire is fine.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already know that's its the ground wire, I just don't know how to fix it. How do I find where the wire is broken?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I already know that's its the ground wire, I just don't know how to fix it. How do I find where the wire is broken?
Your not gonna find the brake in the wire by looking at it. What you can do is cut the ground wire and soider a new wire to it and ground it to the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic Si
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I cut and soldered I new ground on and it's working now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts