Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so picked up the car from a buddy a few months ago for $500 and drove it home from NY to Delaware. Ran great for 245k and a cracked manifold, caused a slight misfire and check engine but all good since that would be the last time it was going to see the road for a while.

So car is home up on jacks and as of this week the engine has been pulled.

D16y7

next step is too finish stripping the block and ordering YCP 75.5mm Vitara Pistons & Custom Length Connecting Rods Combo. Then I will get the block over to the shop and have them clean/bore and I think I might just have them install the pistons for me as well.

I have a few pics not sure if I can add them yet or not. Slow build might get a little boring at times. Questions/comments let me know.

Question, should I have them clean/check the crank?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the body is clean aside from the very weathered paint.

Here is the crusty engine and cracked manifold

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice love the sedan. Going the same direction as mine. Im doing a mild built d16 turbo for my daily. What are your power goals?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removing some junk and the new shop pup. AC is gone and won't be coming back.

Some goodies, y8 manifold and OEM seals

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice love the sedan. Going the same direction as mine. Im doing a mild built d16 turbo for my daily. What are your power goals?
Thanks same here, some extra room if I take the family for a ride. I would be pretty thrilled if I can make 250-275 whp and then maybe see if I can learn enough to top 300 down the road while still keeping it reliable. lots to learn still.

Do you have a build thread?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here is where I am at currently

you might make out the shift linkage, yeah, I wasn't able to get the pin out so I just took it all out. Next is to get that hammered out and pull the tranny.

Question, is the SI tranny the one too look for? Shorter gears, better for turbo? EX the same?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I finally got the bitch pin removed! Found a bolt that was slightly round and out it came with minimal force.

Small victories.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
the a/c compressor bolts work wonderfully for that

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I was going to throw a few more pics up but I am not getting an error that my post count is 0. not sure how, I have posted a bit and even thrown photos up as you can see.

These site rules are a little retarded. it's just a web forum folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts