Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i just swapped a D16Z6 into my 98 Civic Dx...I think everything is hooked up right...I've got spark, fuel, and my comp was 135psi on all four...I've got a OBD2-OBD1 harness hooked up...the only things that are weird about this swap is i'm not positive on my vacum line connections, there is pressure coming out of the valve cover, and i have a check engine light...How do i check my engine code now that i've swapped ecu's and i cant just plug in the sesnor(can i?)...so basically everything seems right the thing just wont start up...any suggestions on what to check would be helpful...Thanks in advance...Really what i need to know now is how to check the engine code... :???:

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
hey whats up guys im bumping this. could call me his teacher/tech for this project and all im wondering is the 2 wire pug under the dash on the 98 civic can it be jumper just like th 5th gens(92-95). i just want that damn engine code gone. and i dont know how to check with that OBD change. and about the vacuum lime and the air in with the valve cover that was taking care of. peace thanks guys help out if u can. (OBD II :rl: )

:honda: Luv!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
91HB-D15b2 said:
dont know what it is for the z6...but the MINIMUM for my b7 is 135..and normal is around 160...so around 160-170 would be my guess
It should still start with only 130 though, shouldnt it?

·
Registered
229 Posts
both of my z6's are 195psi across the board. make sure you've got a quality gauge and you hold the throttle plates open when testing.

have you tried jumpering the connector and seeing what you get?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
solo-x said:
both of my z6's are 195psi across the board. make sure you've got a quality gauge and you hold the throttle plates open when testing.

have you tried jumpering the connector and seeing what you get?
I've got a different headgasket on it to lower the compression because i'm going turbo...if i remember correctly its an A6 gasket...would it really lower it that much?

Jupering what connectors...i dont even know what ones to try.

Just realized the clock on here says its like 4pm...its really 7...what timezone is this set to?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well...the car started...the piston rings are bad... :crying: ...and i need a distributor...if anyone on here has a OBD1 dist i'm looking for one...thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts