Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 civic with a 1997 d16y8 the car is using a p28 (obd1) with no jumper harness it has the green/blk wire and yellow/blue wire with resistors wired to the red/white wire all on the D connector and on the connector A the pink wire is going under the hood and on the C connector the white wire is going under the hood does anyone know what is going on here and also i have a surging idle but i dont have a fitv

·
Registered
27 Posts
that ecm is obd2 frpm a 96-97 del sol with a y8...that is why you don't need a jumper harness ....dont know about the wires...i know that the dels dont have the same fuel tank vapor sensors that the other obd 2 cars have...maybe the resistors and wiring is to bypass that on your civic harness so it doesn't set a code

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That car looks so damn familiar, is it my old car??

I'm guessing yes from the wiring, lmao.

Roma red 97 repainted Sunset Orange Pearl?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That car looks so damn familiar, is it my old car??

I'm guessing yes from the wiring, lmao.

Roma red 97 repainted Sunset Orange Pearl?
is it your old car
it is sunset orange pearl with small dents all over
if it is your old car please help me

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LMAO, yeah, it is my old car. I did the engine swap and wiring.

The pink wire is VTEC.

The resistors were part of an attempted code 92 fix when I was running a P2P. Swapping to the Del Sol P28 fixed that, so you can ditch the resistors (not that they are hurting anything).

The other blue wire is the VTEC pressure switch.

The idle was fine when I sold it 2 years ago. Sounds like the IACV might be gummed up, try cleaning it out.

Make sure the flathead screw on the throttle body (idle adjuster) hasn't backed itself out. If it has, tighten it down until the idle stops revving and put a dab of hondabond on it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I miss my baby sometimes. ;)

And yes, that is the same car in my avatar. Was red when I sold it, got wrecked / repaired and repainted by next two owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts