Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have experience adding cruise control to a civic that didnt come with cruise? i have a 96 sedan donor car and a 99 sedan both have cruise. im already pulling the y8 from the 96 to go in the hatch. ive heard you have to swap pedals. what about the harness in the dash for the controls? do i need it as well? if so do i need one from a 2 door or would one of the ones from the 4 door work?

thanks, any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Go onto a oem honda parts site like hondapartsstore.com and check out various diagrams with a DX versus an LX.

Generally most DX cars dont have it, and nearly all the LX cars do.

I would imagine you need parts of the dash harness to wire in, the cruise pedal switches, one for brake, one for clutch if manual, and of course everything under the hood.

Have you googled any of the other Honda forums? Some of them have really nice DIY's that are hidden in the archives, although a pain in the ass to find at times.

Might need to dig deep for a good thorough guide

ALSO KEEP IN MIND, the 96 will not have a compatible dash harness to the 99. You may get stuck needing to cut and add wires.

the 99-00 civic non-SI's had the secondary O2 sensor as part of the dash harness.

I have no idea what the climate control change does either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts