Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man Im glad I was told about this web site
Im going to tell all so no miss info

I have a 1997 honda civic ex sohc d series vtec, it was an auto I had it changed to a stick and had a turbo added in 1998, I always had a check engine for the auto tranny not being there but that was the only one I EVER had, so I took the blub out just so I would not have to see it, and never had a problem passing inspection. I took the turbo out in 2000, to have it custom painted.
The question I have is the car wont pass inspection with the check engine. with the new way for inspections being done. So I went out and bought a ecu from a 1996 ex stick I put the computer in and when I start the car its all it good for a few seconds then the car starts to have a idle problem, at that exect moment the check engine light comes on, its real light in the begining and the get worse after a few seconds. Im pretty sure its the iacv, from what ive been told is the auto has a 3 wire and the stick has a 2 wire, i got a diagram of this web site is this is all I have to do using the stick ecu
http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.96-98_a-plug.jpg
I would rather do above but,
I have also been told that i need to buy a intake manifold, throttle body and iacv for a stick install them and rewire the iacv at the ecu. Which is it?

Any help would be great.
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
well, in order to install a 2 wire IACV you'll need the 5 speed IM (96-98 ), a 2 wire IACV (with the mounting holes close together. there are two different models. I got mine off a C32A Legend just FYI) and the 5 speed TB, since the auto IM has no IACV holes and the auto TB will have a hole left over from where the 3 wire IACV was. You could skip on buying the 5 speed TB and just plug the hole on the auto TB with a sheet of aluminum, but it might be easier to get the 5 speed IM with a TB already attached and ready to go.
Then wire the 2 wire IACV,according to the FFSquad DIY. Once you pass emissions you can do what you like, as long as you can pass every year

1 - 2 of 2 Posts