Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Here is my 97 DX project, picture being from the seller -

Its a D16Y7 with the basic bolt on's and a GSR rear disc conversion. It's lowered around 2.5" on Tein Springs and stock struts.

Its definitely a 20ft'er car to look at. It has the usual Honda Midwest cancer on the rear quarters but overall in decent shape. However, it still needs a lot of work. I have a bad habbit of buying rough looking vehicles, fixing them up and starting over again with another. Now i have kids though, money is tight and i cant keep wasting money on project cars.

The plan is to find another Y7 block to build this winter in hopes of going turbo.

The first order of business was to add a Tach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next was to replace the grille that came with the car.

Moving on, i found a 93k mile Y8 B000 trans for $150! The current trans has a bad input shaft bearing so onto the trans install at work.

Well after the install, disaster struck. This trans i bought was junk. The ISB bearing is bad which i was going to deal with but the trans was leaking and grinding in gears :( The seller admitted he lied on the mileage. It has over 200k on the trans, not 93k.

Ill never buy a used trans from a private seller again.

Today, i reinstalled the old trans on my day off from work and yup, the slave cylinder fell apart. Luckily i had a new slave and master cylinder in the car from Autozone. Well after installing the new slave, it has a minor fluid seepage :( I just cant win with this car lol.

Some time in the next few weeks, i need to replace the rear brake lines as someone used compression fittings, plus source a bigger master cylinder. I may as well do the fuel lines too while I'm at it.

The pick and pull salvage yards i frequently visit are having a 50% off day soon so ill probably pull another motor then as well as another trans.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Ill never buy a used trans from a private seller again.
There is a private seller on here I would sell my left nut to get a trans built from, and an other I would sell the other to get a back up, ok one has a business but still. :ph34r:

Unfortunately we live in a society were people post whore to get things done, and sell shyt to other people claiming they have gold. I learned the hard way buying my civics the first go round....real hard. :TD:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it sucks :( Its very hard to find honest people these day's.

I was going to rebuild that trans i bought but i am not sure now. Some of the threads on the case are stripped. What a mess.

What i paid for the trans, i could have had a warranty from a local pick and pull too.

Live and learn.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
There is a private seller on here I would sell my left nut to get a trans built from, and an other I would sell the other to get a back up, ok one has a business but still. :ph34r:

Unfortunately we live in a society were people post whore to get things done, and sell shyt to other people claiming they have gold. I learned the hard way buying my civics the first go round....real hard. :TD:
seen somewhere on facebook some medical place will buy nuts for 35k each. hard to believe? yes, but if it was true, Id have carbon fiber balls installed real quick lol. op look up a member named Aquafina, or whoopdedoo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for some reason, my links to my pictures are not showing up and i cant seem to figure out how to edit my older posts?

Anyhow, yesterday i sold the car for a few reasons.

It started to need more work than i wanted to put into it. It still needed a trans, the strut towers were starting to rust along with the left front inner fender and so on. Plus the windshield had a nasty crack.

So i took it to work and fixed a few issues and made sure it was good to go for the next owner.

Resurfaced the front rotors and decided to paint the steelies:

[/URL][/IMG]

Short throw shifter installed:

Last pic of the car i took before selling it:

[/URL][/IMG]

Now begins the search for a cleaner Civic that i can build this summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts