Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 EJ6 Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to do the 5 lug conversion. sitting down and making a list. I am interested in exactly what years and cars I can get this from. I have 97 civic hatch. I have some info, im just gathering from as many sources as possible to confirm my own and others knowledge. and add to it. I will end up buying all the parts brand new, oem most likely, to not have to deal with bullshit bushing and bad bolts, so on, so forth. thanx for any help in advance

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
google will give you the spoon feeding youre looking for. if its not already obvious

·
Registered
97 EJ6 Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slo_eg8, good point, and it has. I just never get specific's on the subject. just collaborating all info I can find.

robgoof, fisrt, I would like the disc, better brakeing all day. second, 5 lug is a safty regulation for some tracks. so would like to just be prepared for that. third, there is a much larger selection for wheels.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Not sure about the 5-lug safety factor bit about the track... But you can also get the same sized brakes minus the 5 lug...

If so Miatas would be allowed on the track either, and we know that isn't true.

*cough* There is a thread about this stuff here also *cough*

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
just a thought...

thieves really, really like 5 lug civics.... they think there might be an itr swap under the hood.
silly thieves....

·
Registered
97 EJ6 Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I have come to the conclusion, 5 lug is out of my price range( for now, Make life changes for desired effect) but I want it. I have been told some stories about shredding studs on 4 lug, but never any details into quality of parts (makes ya think there shit). Also slowly coming to the conclusion my chassis is bent and I have had my eye on sedans for life.

So starting over and building this car on paper first. I am very interested in getting some seat time next year, hence the original question about 5 lug.

I am in Wisconsin and super noob as you can tell. so if there is any info for my area, and just some general pointers, that would be great.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
You will make more use of that money with suspension and brake mods, 5 lug won't make it any faster, it just offers more clamping force on the wheel. To make the 4 lug stronger you can get extended lugs and such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like having a rhd car a 5 lug is cool because it's different. But 4 lug will get the job done. I have seen 5 lug for sale on Chicago craigslist. Don't forget you will need custom axle to keep your d series. You should start with rear disc brakes and tune your suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts