Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi D-series.org long time lurker, reader, and fan this is my first post and my first build thread ive been into hondas for three years now I have an ej8
which was my first car that I bought with my own money. Now I own an ej6 that I purchased as a shell to build from scratch. This thread will be for my hatchback
I bought the shell for $400 plus a thule roof rack. The back fees were $500 but I figured it was still worth it because its a clean title. I bought this a year ago
and worked on it during the summer on my days off. it is now my DD but ull see end results later. This will be a long thread of the whole process all at once
because instead of updating every three months I figured it be better to show u a years worth of work all at once. This car is far from done but plan to be near
finished within this year. so without boring u anymore ill post up the pics for ur viewing pleasure

Pick up day :)

damn missing the expensive window

yea cleaning this is gonna suck thank you half ass painter lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enough of of that lets look at the heart that I built with you guys as resources (my first build ever, also first time taking a motor apart)
I bought a D16y8 motor that was an 2.5 hours away for $300 complete with tranny wire harness axels etc only thing was cylinder three had low compression piston rings were blown
so i decided it would make a nice vitara build. I went and picked it up in my coupe.... yup im an idiot stuffed it in the trunk and was near impossible to get it out after i got home
...never again hahah good story tho.

Dont recommend this at all but i didnt have an option..

getting it out of the car was insane since it setlled in on the 2 hour drive home

out and ready to dissasemble and put on stand

Tranny off (still good)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this was done three more times sanding, guide coating, priming, and repeating fun fun
then wet sand and prep for paint.. "its all in the prep" so took my sweet time

Battery bracket was made for my oddessy battery that was gonna go under the fender

tun tun tun

test panel

Some suzuki color I really liked and I added Gold flake to the clear.. didnt like the look so just added the flake to the paint itself
looked way cleaner.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.