Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if your lookin for a quick way to save weight ... then do this mod ... if you dont need your trunk or backseats .. then do it ... but if you have to get groceries , then this probally will make it a pain in the ass ... oh well ... thats why we have gf's :) hehehehe

hope this helps !!!

i did this cheap and weight reducing mod on my dx coupe ... and i can feel a difference in accleration ( and my car is almost kinda stock .. for now )

14mm is the socket size we used ... also i think we used an 8mm for one or two screws, but if you have a complete 50 piece socket kit ( like myself ) this will be no problem at all ... you also might need a philips head screwdriver ...

we started by removing the trunk pieces ( i.e cardboard, carpeting , any bolts back there ) and then began unbolting the back seats from behind them

also the front of the back seats can be lifted up towards your ceiling ... just grab underneath them and yank upwards ... you will need to do this to loosen the screws in the front

you need to undo like 4 or 5 bolts located on the back of the seats ...after all the bolts have been takin out from the back of the seats , you can remove the seats ... during all this you will have to remove the back passenger seat belts at some time .. might as well do it now ... its real simple , just unbolt the 1 bolt on each of them .. its all thats holding you back

after doing that you have to unbolt the seats ... start by looseing 4 screws for each side , left side has 4 screw, right side has 4 screws .. they are the only things holding the back seats on at this point ...

then you can remove the seats you just unbolted ...

viola ! back seats are gone ... next is removing the seal belt mechanisms

we were retarded and cut the seat belts, when you can just thred them threw the plastic near the speakers .... dumbasses .. do not cut them , if you plan on putting your seat belts back in ... heheh oops ...

we left my back plastic molding that holds the speakers in and houses the break light ... but plans call for taking out the back speakers and moldings ... very soon

next was removing the side moldings under the back passenger side and driver side windows... we just yanked them and the came right off .. i think a few small bolts need to be loosened but nothing to difficult ... doing all of this took about 45 minutes ... not too bad ... now your car has that " street racer " gutted interior look ... very cool !

well ... that was my first DIY i would have taken pictures but my friends started ripping stuff out before i had a chance to find the digi camera ... but i will take pics of the finished result ... and all the crap i took out the back ... definately shaved like 60-70 lbs off ...

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I saw his car... makes it look aggresive... better have the power to back it up! :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
its still a pain to remove the back seat looks way better if you have your windows tinted and you have ffour point harnesses bloted where the old seats use to be... and i coverd my back end with the "replacement carpet they sell at Bi-mart for real cheap... looks ok... and keeps some of the retarded looking fuel pump cover covbersd and keeps the car a bit warmer when its cold out side... but for the best... remove the pasenger seat too... and the glove box, the center consloe... and all the trunk crap.. my civc looks cool with only a chromed strut tower bar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts