Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EK
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just want to get some opinions on a few things. I want to spice up my interior a bit (ie paint) I was thinking of painting the air vents, door handles, the little pockets on the door arm rests, and anything else i can paint. What colours do you think would look good, and what kind of paint do I need? Also, I really want to paint the ugly gray plastic that is around my gauge cluster. How do I do this (take it apart, get it ready to paint, paint, etc)

Any opinions, tips, and suggestions are appreciated !

Thanks guys !

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Ooo dear. I cant see good things coming from this. LOL

in my opinion. Id say...get a nice satin black interior.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
here is what I did for mine. But like 2yrs ago lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
223 Posts
IMHO, I'd try to stick with black or very dark grey, but do whatcha want...anyways, I used krylon plastic fusion for most of my plastic parts and it works well, however, if you do this use their plastic primer first, I didn't and have had to fix a few chips that occured at installation. If your going to spray any surface that has a somewhat squishy feel to it, use a vinyl rated paint such as the duplicolor one.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EK
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mean like the gauge face, i mean the arced piece that comes out from the gauges. The piece that comes out and level with the rest of your dashboard at both ends of the gauge cluster

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
I don't mean like the gauge face, i mean the arced piece that comes out from the gauges. The piece that comes out and level with the rest of your dashboard at both ends of the gauge cluster
Take out the two screws on the top side and take it out.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
I use 99c Wal-Mart spray primer, paint, clear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Used PPG on some Ford Explorer claddings today and the adhesion was great (waterborne paint ftw) but when i painted a few of my civic int. pieces i just used rustoleum primer, paint, clear. I went with black for a little darker look. Just make sure you scuff with a scotchbrite and clean REALLY good. You can also use some platic adhesion promoter to help the paint stick.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts