Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I had to replace my first aftermarket deck with a new one, during the install I came across the stock unit all hooked up tucked away in the dash and I thought it was odd so I took it out and clipped the wires. Now I have come to realize that is what is letting my alarm and keyless and other things work. My question is I still have the stock unit and harness. Can I get help on what wires go where?

Also I have other issues that I'm not sure are connected.
The buzzer for the headlights on is not working.
The buzzer still goes off when the keys are removed and the door is open.
The buzzer does not sound when first start the car.
Dome light dosnt work in the door setting.
The power lock switch dosnt work unless the door is shut on the driver side, pass side power lock makes noise like it works but dosnt lock.

Sorry for the long questions.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
So there was a stock stereo in the dash behind your new deck? Or a black box running between the ecu, relay and alarm box, spliced into your ignition?

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I found out that the stock radio contour the alarm and entry and has to remain hooked up to keep these features. Luckily I keep everything.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Match the wires back together, simple. They make a harness so you can keep the stock radio in the dash and install another radio.

I never understand why people install aftermarket radios anymore thou? My stock head unit from 95 works just fine once I added an auxiliary input in the changer port and RCA outputs...

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Match the wires back together, simple. They make a harness so you can keep the stock radio in the dash and install another radio.

I never understand why people install aftermarket radios anymore thou? My stock head unit from 95 works just fine once I added an auxiliary input in the changer port and RCA outputs...
Because most are tape decks and who makes tapes anymore? sure alot of people dont use cd any more either but its nice to have updated things. My stereo has usb so i have all my music on that and rarely use the cd player but sometimes you need it.

Just match the colors back like stated to get the old deck back in, if your dome doesnt work on the door setting its most likely your door switch so grab one at a junkyard, it should also fix your buzzer issues because i had this problem before

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
My double din DVD player with 7" screen looks alot better in the hole then an OEM radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts