Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 ex w/ keyless entry from the factory. when i bought the car, there was already an aftermarket alpine headunit in the car. so there is already the harness adapter in my car. the headunit i have now has an aux input on the faceplate.

my 3.5mm connector from my ipod to the headunit causes a lot of flex and movement wich results in a poor connection on both sides; therefore it has terrible sound quality.

im basically just wanting to go back to using the OEM radio for the am/fm stations. then maybe wire something up so that i can use my ipod for my music as well.

does anyone know how i could do this?

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Go to crutchfield. put in you have an OEM radio and go to the iPod section. There is a iPod connector that hooks directly into the OEM radio and uses the changer control to control the iPod. :TU:

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Go to crutchfield. put in you have an OEM radio and go to the iPod section. There is a iPod connector that hooks directly into the OEM radio and uses the changer control to control the iPod. :TU:
Yeah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best Buy will carry Ipod adapters for your alpine unit for about $50
Circuit City has oem Ipod adapters for about the same price made by Metra.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah I've seen them at best buy the other day and thought about picking up, however my wife insisted I not buy it right now, SO yeah. I know for sure they have them, around 50-55! Goodluck

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts
Do NOT buy a FM modulator. You will be disappointed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
are those the ones you pick a radio station and then your ipod plays off that station. if it is, a buddy of mine had one and it was crap.
that sounds more like an FM transmitter, an FM modulator wires directly into your antenna input on the back of the radio and you get to pick between two frequencies.

..well i guess they both seem the same but the transmitters are junk.

·
Registered
'96 Civic Coupe DX
40 Posts
that sounds more like an FM transmitter, an FM modulator wires directly into your antenna input on the back of the radio and you get to pick between two frequencies.

..well i guess they both seem the same but the transmitters are junk.
yeah, i got a inline modulator with an ond xm radio add on, and it plugs using an fm port into my new sirius satillite radio, and i can run any frequency with no problems, but i dont think it would work with an ipod.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread, but will this product let me keep my CD changer, and use the iPod or mp3 player?

Got a portable music player? Then you probably know that a direct connection to your vehicle's radio will give you the best possible sound quality. The Precision Interface Electronics HON98-AUX adapter lets you convert the CD changer port on your Honda factory stereo into an auxiliary input, suitable for connecting an add-on satellite radio tuner, portable music player, or other audio source.

·
Registered
234 Posts
what kind of radio do you have now. most newer radios have Ipod cables you can buy to plug right into the radio that charges the ipod and controls through the radio. Or some of the newer sony radios have ipod cables built in.

·
Registered
98 coupe
223 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts