Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the grill in a 99-00 civic wider than one in a 96-98?

The body kit I just got has a smaller peice between the grill and headlight than my stock bumper so I'm wondering if I could get a 99-00 hood to line up right. I tried comparing pics on yahoo but its hard to tell for sure if there is a difference.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
Im pretty sure the hood, fenders, bumper, grill, headlights, and dash are all different.

also from late 98 -00 the car is wired for obd2b instead of obd2a like 96 -early 98

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea if 99-00 front end parts will mount onto a 97 with no major modification?

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
any idea if 99-00 front end parts will mount onto a 97 with no major modification?
Will work fine but you need all that was listed above, hood, fenders, grill, bumper and headlights... Dont do it though...Its so over played. id personally like the ek4 SiR look

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks sleepingciv, apparently I need to make the transition from yahoo to google.

and 98civicnoob, I'll see which will be cheaper... buying new body kit bumper or new hood and headlights.

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew someone was gonna say that, wiz. But its not really a lot of work, I needed new hood and headlights anyways so might as well just get 99 stuff when I do.

I like my body kit. =P lol

·
Premium Member
Ms. Daisy
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesnt really matter to me. I dont like one more than the other so I'll just go with the 99 when I buy new parts.

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
headlights are narrower "99-00"
hood is wider in front where grill is "99-00"
fenders are slight diffrent i think its where the fender is wraping round the head light"99-00"
front grill is wider "99-00"
and front bumper is a bit diffrent where it meets up with the fenders and also where the hood closes "99-00"
so as said hood, grill, fenders, lights, bumper are all neede if your going to swap the front. me i dont like the 99-00 bumper not a fan of the fog lights. i prefer the 96-98 bumper. fog lights look a whole lot more "tuff" then the 99-00

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
the bumper is the biggest give away when telling the diffrence

and the lip i wanna get a mu lip all i see around here is itr lips

1 - 20 of 70 Posts